where do the refinements come from?, and why do you answer thus?

by Spike Tassel 111 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

each must deal with circumstances according to their conscience and training and qualifications, and be refined according to their personal study of the issues each face personally. If we can help a crime from happening, then we ought to prayerfully do so. On the other hand, should we attempt to solve anything without prayerful guidance, we cannot realistically expect Jehovah's assistance. Shrewdness is a virtue, inexperience is not. Let Jehovah avenge any wrong as we beseech Him constantly for His guidance, so that Jehovah may be glorified in every matter.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Spike, you still didn't answer the question. More gibberish from a troll like tendency to try to hurt people is what I think you are doing.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

I answer spiritually, like Jesus, in riddles, as I'm being refined. I am not qualified to do otherwise.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Spike, those flip flops mentioned on the issue of rape are not just mere doctrinal silliness but a symptom of psychopathology. Have you ever stopped to ask why those flip flops, about a dozen over a thirty year period, have occured? It's because the GB wants to disfellowship women who are raped but don't scream but are embarassed by media exposes or threat of legal action thus they change their position knowing that when people are no longer paying attention they could go back to disfellowshipping them.

This is Machiavellian and amoral manipulation and you dear spike, to the extent that you shamelessly support that have blood in your hands. The blood of rape victims twice raped by the Watchtower your god who may commit suicide.

villabolo

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I answer with bullshit spiritually, like Jesus, in riddles, as I'm being refined. I am not qualified to do otherwise.
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Didn't make sense to me either and I for one don't expect a coherent answer from Spike. No one deserves to be raped nor is it the fault of the victim whether they know the perp or not, whether they put up a fight or not.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

The Topic here is where do the refinements come from?, and why do you answer thus? It is NOT about putting other posters on trial

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Spike, you have done well to help show that 'refinements' (actually dameage control on false prophecy/legal issues) does not come from the Holy Spirit guiding but rather from a group of men serving their own interests.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Lets look at the refinement of the Cross and Bdays for example.

In 1914 Jesus assumed his role as King in heaven and spent thet next 5 years evaluating the worlds religions and all but the WT came up wanting.

Jesus choose the WT as his sole voice as his discreet and faitful slave because, at that time in 1919, they were th eonly ones "in the truth and practising the truth" and what were they doing?

They worshipped Jesus, they used the Cross as a symbol, they celebrated Bdays and even *GASP* Christmas and quess what, Jesus was OK with all of that because only THEY WERE IN THE TRUTH.

Now, are you suggesting that all the 180 degree changes than came after the 1930's and 40's were just refinements on what Jesus had found perfectly acceptable?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

exactly Psac,...let's talk of another so-called refinement- 'this generation'. It was positively defined as the physical generation of 1914, then changed to those who observe Jesus invisible presence from 1914 onward (year irrelevant), to the annointed. None of thse changes are refinements, in no way did they add to or modify a previous teaching. They are shots in the dark, wiping out, contradicting the previous teaching. Refinement would be: "this generation"- not quite sure, but it is a group that will be here until the end....refinement: we can seethat this likely involves the annointed remnant being here till the end, can not say dgomatically....refined to: Jehovah has been ture to his word of the light getting brighter...it is so crystal clear that 'this generation' refers to the annointed remnant, who will be present till the end...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit