where do the refinements come from?, and why do you answer thus?

by Spike Tassel 111 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

These refinements, as you call them, were not related to false prophecy for one thing. That is key. Also Acts 15 was not a GB, it was the entire cong. Finally, the changes made todax by the GB come about by a 2-3 majority vote- so no unanominity there...generally in response to a pressing issue, NOT THE HOLY SPIRIT.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Hey isaac

hmmMaybe there will be some refinements concerning what came down from heaven.waitingconfused

• villabolo
    villabolo

Spike, if you ever leave the mildewy confines of Watchtower literature, I suggest reading 1984.

villabolo

• willyloman
    willyloman

Spike's recitation of "refinements" as if they were historical records rather than the oft translated writings from an ancient book of myths has me shaking my head. This is so incredibly sad. And to think I once stood where he stands and thought that I spoke for God. I am so ashamed of myself, as spike will be some day.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Doubtful Deputy. The last thing the GB wants to do is exalt Jesus. They surely need refinement there though

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

So, Spike now thinks his god needed to "repent" in Jonahs day.

Spike, isn't yopur god perfect?

Why the need to repent?

• White Dove
    White Dove

Shouldn't that be "thusly?"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    good points spike
    refinement can come froma few sources and God also allows us to learn from our mistakes.
    Reniaa

What a joke..If the GB speaks for God..Then God is the one making mistakes..

And..

We probably have the only Spike in the world,without a Point!..

.....................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

to treadnh2o: Since the Ninevites repented of their murderous ways, Jehovah repented of his thought of killing them off right then.

to isaacaustin: actually the GB cannot exalt Jesus, but they can exult in Jesus, which they do; Jesus is ALREADY in his exalted position, at the right hand of Jehovah, in response to Jehovah's listening to Jesus' request at John 17:5.

to OUTLAW: I get the impression that, to some degree, Jehovah is like a husband away from home right now, letting his wife make the decisions as best she can while the husband's away. I think of it like the husband leaving some instructions for his wife. Some things are left unsaid, some things are repeated for emphasis. She uses the instructions (in the context of what she knows of the husband's personality) in order to make decisions that will hold herself and her family in good stead, and advance her husband's interests, training her family such that the husband can be rightfully proud of his wife upon his return.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

We know that the people of the OT and Old Covenant didn't get it right, if they had there would not have been a need for the New Covenant.

The only true correction that happened, if we can call it that, was the creation of the NC and putting Jesus as mediator between ALL people and God.

There was no governing body in Acts, it is clearly sated that it was the apostles, the elders and the whole congregation ( or at least all those available at the time) that debated the issue, there is no centralized government till many decades later, perhaps centuries depending on ones view of centralized government.

Elders corrected those with less experience and when God felt it necessary to speak for himself he sent his HS to clear things up to individuals, or in the case of Paul, Jesus himself laid the kaibosh.

God has always worked through individuals and whenever groups got involved, like in the OT, that is when messes happened.

When Paul was converted he took to preaching right away, there was no "checking in with the high council".

When he eventually made it to Jerusalem the first time, he met with Peter and James and a few others and nowhere is is hinted that he looked for or needed their permission for anything, he did on occasion, ream them a new butt hole for their hipocrocies.

Paul was such an apostate ! LOL !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit