by daniel-p 114 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Alumunus

Should have been alumnus.

Sylvia

• rebel8
    rebel8

It sounds like she is suing because the job placement service is not being provided as promised.

But it's still a matter of some sort of academic discrimination... if you aren't performing as well as many others you're not going to get the best the institution has to offer.

I got much better grades than that, and my college job placement folks never returned my calls.

As an employer, I've tried to list job openings with them many times over the years. They always blew me off. I even tried offering internships with full pay, and even then it was hard to get anyone to take my calls, if they did at all.

Academic underachievers are not a protected class (legally protected against discrimination), are they? Then she'd have to be claiming they violated her rights. If that's what she's claiming, then I don't understand the request for a refund. Shouldn't she be suing for pain and suffering or whatever? (Question for John?)

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I got much better grades than that, and my college job placement folks never returned my calls.

As an employer, I've tried to list job openings with them many times over the years. They always blew me off. I even tried offering internships with full pay, and even then it was hard to get anyone to take my calls, if they did at all.

Sounds like a crappily-ran job placement service office. I've been on both sides of the fence, both looking for, and offering, internships. In the former case i dealt directly with the companies I was interested in, and in the latter, I dealt directly with the academic department I thought would best serve my company's needs.

• ssn587
    ssn587

The 2.7 gps did it for me, I mean hello, you are hardly the top of the heap. I went to college, full time, worked a full time job and had a part time job besides and maintained a 3.9 gps. so she must have been a slacker imo. I'm not bragging, i worked arse off, studies on the can, during lunch, breakfast, supper, before bed, made tapes to listen too when driving and stuck in traffic so incorporated the studies into my routine that I was alsmost literally never w/o studying. even played tapes while sleeping at night, don't know when they ended due to deep sleep. Tired as hell. but did get the grades for some reason.

she isn't impressive at all. run of the mill at best, throw her and her suit out of the court on her ass. thats all she deserves.

what ancestory is she anyway???

• snowbird
    snowbird

Prodded by Mary's thread, http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/179851/1/MY-APOLOGIES-TO-ALL, I have a confession.

My initial rant on this thread was due to my displeasure at my youngest g'son.

He had to go to summer school to make up for a failed grade. His mother has to be at work 6 am, so she leaves him at home, entrusting him to get his little chocolate behind to the bus stop on time.

Well, he decided to play hooky one morning, and I found him hiding in my back yard. I was so disgusted with and disappointed in him - hence, the venting of my spleen on here!

If I offended or made anyone uncomfortable, please accept my apology.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit