Alumna sues college because she hasn't found a job

by daniel-p 114 Replies latest jw friends

• Quandry
    Quandry

I'll bet the WTS uses this as an example of how going to college is useless.

• besty
    besty

"I am also suing them because of the stress I have been going through."

Sounds like she wouldn't cope too well in the normal work environment in any case - she has done any possible future employer a huge favor.

Didn't she have any friends to tell her that was a bad idea?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I'll bet the WTS uses this as an example of how going to college is useless.

Yep. They love to take the one story on national news, and use that as a reason to discourage college. A couple weeks I got into this with my JW-nazi mother who said "why do I keep hearing about these people who leave college and then go to work at Mccdonalds and work on farms, etc..." I didn't have the guts to say "because you're gullible and like sensational stories that confirm your own prejudices."

• Priest73
    Priest73

Sheesh. It's like Doe suing a hooker cause he failed to get a nut.

• sir82
    sir82

Rather surprising she doesn't sue her professors who undoubtedly "didn't help her enough" to get better grades than the Bs and Cs that got her the 2.7.

They have likely "added to her stress" as well.

Maybe she should sue her high school for not preparing her well enough to do better in college.

Or maybe she should just suck it up like millions of other recent grads who can't find a job either, and consider graduate school, or an internship, or volunteer at an organization to gain expereince, or join the army, or....

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

In an alternate world, I MIGHT be sympathetic with those who've been led on by money-grubbing university administrators and been dissapointed upon graduation that their precious degree didn't transform them into the upper-middle class, but I've seen too many people like this. It's not that bad though, they provide stepping stones for the rest of us who assume personal responsibility. Her 2.7 GPA makes the others who actually sat up straight in class all that much better.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Sheesh. It's like Doe suing a hooker cause he failed to get a nut.

I would LOL but for two reasons.

1. Doe is still mad at me

2. I'm not sure what "get a nut" means

Sylvia

• sacolton
    sacolton

LOL!

Can't make it in this life? Sue!

• sacolton
    sacolton

I'm not sure what "get a nut" means.

Yogurt rockets.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

a bachelor of business administration degree in information technology

Information Technology? If she'd done her homework about choosing a career, she would realize that you need to be better than below-average to land much of a job in that field.

Perhaps she should move to India for one of those jobs. Or time-travel back about 15 years.

B the X

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit