Alumna sues college because she hasn't found a job

by daniel-p 114 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

I like peanut butter and banana sandwiches better, although I've never been a fan of fish sandwiches.

Anyone change the oil in their cars this week?

• undercover
    undercover

I like PB&Js...

But, the heck with that...did anyone see True Blood Sunday night?

• Priest73
    Priest73

I changed the oil in my jeep.

My Home owner's insurance went up this year. Man am I steamed about that.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Who likes peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches? I've never been a fan.

Me neither... but occasionally I get a hankerin for one with a nice tall glass of milk. just one of those things.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Tee hee hee.

Sylvia

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

how bout them dodgers... sheesh

• Priest73
    Priest73

Is it too early for a beer? I am on the east coast and at work, but...

• rebel8
    rebel8

She's been looking for a professional job for 3 months? Cry me a river.

I've never been asked my GPA on a job interview, nor has any employer asked for an official transcript. Is that unusual?

I don't like it that colleges misrepresent their product (degrees) as a guaranteed 'write your own ticket' sort of situation. Lots of people think college recruiters tell the truth. *snort*

Colleges, even nonprofits, are in it for the cold hard cash. They don't care if they're flooding the market with too many teachers, IT people, etc. They don't see it as their responsibility to worry about that.

It sounds like she is suing because the job placement service is not being provided as promised. I don't understand how that merits a full refund of tuition, but if it does, hell, my college owes me too.

Too bad she used poor grammar during the soundbite. If she does that on job interviews, that may be why she doesn't get hired.

• John Doe
    John Doe

As if you haven't had a beer for breakfast, eh padre?

• John Doe
    John Doe
    It sounds like she is suing because the job placement service is not being provided as promised.

That was my initial thought as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit