I need some good sriptures & reasoning to refute Jesus = Michael Archangel

by androb31 236 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

DD, let me be the JW here for a minute...Let's say I tell you Jesus life force was transferred to the womb of Mary...and the baby Jesus was born?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

OK

So Jesus is a man with the "life force" of angel? What's a life force?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Ok, continuing as a JW...the life force is, hmm, the spirit of the person.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

add to that thought- the spirit is like electricity, so to speak..it does not retain the characteristics of the person....this is what was transferred...and it 'populated' the person of Jesus.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

What kind of a JW are you? JWs don't believe in spirits.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

What happened to Michael then to be able to transfer his life force....did he have to no longer exist???

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

hmm, ok...I would then say man has a spirit, Eccl says that when we die our spirit goes back to God. God simply transferred the life force of Michael the archangel to the womb of Mary. Since this is simply 'electricity' it does not take the characteristics of the person...thus Jesus was just a man....

Insearchoftruth- I have no idea how to answer your point as a JW

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    the spirit is like electricity, so to speak..it does not retain the characteristics of the person....

If electricity came down Jesus is a man with the "electricity" of an angel. If electricity is nothing then you are telling me nothing came down, which means Jesus was wrong?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

insearchoftruth

That's another good way to go. It makes it look like he commited suicide.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

hmm, A jw will probably stumble over their words heres....I do not have an answer out of that one. I have to leave for the day but can continue here tomorrow...hopefully others discuss this too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit