My SIL might be 'fishin'....?

by AK - Jeff 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I have to say my opinion, and it's just that.

Of course she's fishing. That's what they do. It still doesn't tell you what she would do if she hooked something.

Strength to you.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

BetterDaze -

You are very kind aren't you? Whilst I have had a couple incidents that might indicate some locals know I am on this board - I have never fully verified that. Anyone on here could be identified. SO what?

I have named a few names of the assholes I used to call brother and sister. ALways first names only - and on many occasions the names were changed for my own personal reasons. The clues have not been so obvious that they could not be generic. You've seen one Jw congo, you've seen them all. If they look on here - they are not approved in so doing by the WTS, and therefore will likely keep it quiet to avoid their own disfellowshipping.

Besides - if we don't discuss personal matters here, what the hell will we discuss? THIS IS A DISCUSSION FORUM FOR GOD"S SAKE!

Are you interested in plying with Watchtoweresque guilt so that I do as you think is proper. How bout this> You mind yours and I will mind mine.

This sister in law is not bright enough to find the internet, let alone this discussion forum.

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Let me add:

And as far as personal resentment - yes I have plenty of that. I don't appreciate being treated like shit by those I have known all my life - do You?

But every, and I emphasize, every comment, opinion, idea, statement made on this forum under my sign in, represents my words and not those of my wife. She could not be convinced in their Kangaroo courts based on my viewpoint - which is what my writings here are - my viewpoint - not hers. Even if I state that she shares my view - so what? Even that statement is my opinion. I could be outright lying for all the locals might know.

I have already DA'd. I don't care what the local JW's think of me. They can't get to her based on my views. Most of them don't have the balls it takes to come here and find out even my views anyway. Jw's are basically cowards to begin with.

SO don't try and lay this back in my court lady. My wife is laying low - that does not mean I have to do so. If she asks me too - well then likely I will. But some unknown former Jw in NJ has no idea until she walks in my moccasins.

Good Day

• Atomahawk
    Atomahawk

AK-Jeff wrote:

And as far as personal resentment - yes I have plenty of that. I don't appreciate being treated like shit by those I have known all my life - do You?”

I feel your pain and understand 100% where your coming from. You need to heal and be at peace with the situation. What I suggest is to look at things from their point of view meaning.They don’t see or understand what they are doing, they have no clue how wrong this behavior is. One would think it should be self evident, but from experience I have learned that people will do anything and everything to be right! Religion and personal beliefs is a very powerful tool. You are no longer under their control, but allow your hate of their control to hinder your peace of mind.

And yes your SIL is most likley fishing for facts that can be used against your wife. It should be expected.

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

I wonder if this was some sort of effort to trap her into saying something that could be used to DF her.

Maybe. it wouldn't surprise me, since we are intensively trained to put God and the Organization above everything. This kind of situation gives militants the "opportunity to show how loyal they are".

But in most cases this is what happens, almost in every case: Natural human curiosity, that need to know everything, drives JW's to ask, to inquire, to find out... It's only human. The gossipy environment in the congregation fuels that trend; add to that the empty lives most JW's live, and Bang! you have an extremely inquisitive person.

Then the 'training' kicks in: You know something about someone, something big. You have to tell. Other bros and sis, the elders, whatever. They turn it into a matter of "my conscience was bothering me for keeping the secret. Knowing of something and not telling is being an accomplice..." and all that crap.

The end result is the same: Yes, she was fishing, and yes, she would turn in any piece of information she gets.

• CHILD
    CHILD

I faded over 2 years ago. and was not very active between 2003 and 2005. I had an interesting conversation with a sister from my old hall while we were shopping in a store.

Sister: I haven't seen you in years. Please visit our hall soon.

Child: I miss you too, but we haven't been to a meeting in a while.

Sister: Oh, please come back to Jehovah. Don't leave the God that loves you.

Child: I definitely have not left God.

Sister:Come back to Jehovah. We learned at the districtict convention the end is HERE, not just near anymore. It is HERE.

• CHILD
    CHILD

JWs fish all of the time. They live according to a black and white viewpoint. The WTS equals Jehovah. It is about loyalty to the organization. The organization does not like inactive JWs, because they cannot control them.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

JW's fish all the time, but it ain't typically a relative looking to cooperate with some covert operation to DF a person.
    It's just mind controlled people trying to decide how to apply the rules in their own life, should they shun the person or not, will their Satanic thinking rub off on them or not?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    The organization does not like inactive JWs, because they cannot control them.

Good point.

Yet they still do control many of them - how many have you known who 'left' physically, but lived just like they were Jw every day after leaving. I speak from experience. And the fear is soooo powerful. We 'fell away' for a couple years in the 80's due to ill-treatment, but continued to believe it was the 'truth'. A CO came to 'encourage' me back, and after his guilt-laden visit we made the move to come back. The primary reason was my awareness that we would still die at Armageddon, though we lived more Christian [meaning Jw] lives than many we knew back at the hall.

Jeff

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JW`s will always look for a way to weed out they`re enemys..Even a relative..

Your SIL would do your wife in..In a heartbeat..

........................OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit