My SIL might be 'fishin'....?

by AK - Jeff 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

My wife 'faded' during the same time I DA'd myself. We are absolutely both on the same page.

It is interesting [and on another level disturbing] that 'status' plays so heavily in the minds of Jw's and their relationships. As many others have related, my wife sometimes is engaged in conversations with Jw's she meets in public, while all those same Jw's will totally 'shun' me - sometimes in the same moment. My wife has elected to 'lay low', at least for now, as her mother is still alive and her health is faltering some now. She wants to be able to stay in touch with her mom.

The other day an interesting conversation between my wife and her sister as they worked together to finalize nursing home arrangements for their mother.

Bonnie asked my wife when she was 'returning to the Hall again?'

My wife answered simply 'Never'.

Bonnie asked why?

My wife answered that she was never going to subject herself to the hatefullness that she experienced when our daughter was disfellowshipped many years ago.

Bonnie was not satisfied, and followed with, 'What about you? Do you believe the same things that Jeff believes now?'

Now this is an interesting question from more than a single perspective.

• First of all - since none of the bastards at the KH have ever bothered to acurately determine by asking, how would any of them know 'what I believe' ?
    • Since my SIL has not so much as spoken a civil word to me in the past five years of my absence from the KH, how does she know anything at all about what I believe?
    • Why would she make the assumption that my wife has 'accepted' what I believe?

I worry that she might have been 'baiting' my wife, trying to see if she has 'gone over' to the apostate world with me. I found the wording very odd coming from her. First question was in essence 'Are you coming back to Jehovah?' Second was in essence 'Do you still believe even the unique teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses'

I wonder if this was some sort of effort to trap her into saying something that could be used to DF her. My wife did not bite. Gave her no information. I honestly hope the elders were not behind this -but it has the ring of that to my ears.

Maybe just my paranoia.

Jeff

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Maybe just my paranoia.
    Jeff

Maybe not.

I'm going with not.

Sylvia

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

She could be fishing, but for the most part they need someone to blame when the other mate also stops.

Isn't it great when your both out it makes life so much easier....

h4o

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Is it me, or does this seem to be happening a lot lately? I wonder if they're having a big push for the members to really get rid of any "bad" influences.

OTOH, I'm new at this, so this sort of thing might just go on all the time.

• wobble
    wobble

Seems that we may read too much into the fact that members of a cult all act alike. OTOH it is strange,I have had the same experience here in the U.K with people seemingly knowing what I believe. damn they are clever,I aint even sure myself what I believe.

I think your wife did the right thing,even if it wasn't orchestrated, I just know if your wife had said she sang from the same hymn sheet as you, it would have been reported straight away to the Elders for investigation .

All the best,

Love

Wobble

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

SIL may have simply have a black/white view of beliefs. You either believe the Troof tm or the Lie. Either or, the idea that there may be several Lies does not enter her consciousness. All that matters is that it is not the Troof tm .

Just guessing.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Good point MD.

Don't all Jw's think in that same Black and White syntax?

Jeff

• nelly136
    nelly136

would your wifes standing affect any last will and testament her mum might make?

eg if she was dfd tomoz how would her mum take it?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

perhaps the SIL reads you on JWN here, and asks your wife based on that. Is it possible?

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Spike Tassel nailed it.

Of course the local JWs know what you believe, you have over 9,000 posts logged, quite a few of which share personal identifiers.

Whenever you have a JW interaction, you write about it and use people's real names just to rile them up at your old Kingdom Hall.

And you know very well you've been identified here before — it is so dishonest to pretend otherwise!

It is your indiscretion on a public discussion board that may lead to your wife's disfellowshipping. You are the one handing the elders the bait for the hook. Yes, you.

If your wife has "elected to lay low," why publicly betray her confidence by posting about this incident? How can she possibly "lay low" and keep the peace with her family after your disloyal tattling?

Now, I want to believe you love your wife, but if you wish to harm her (and her mother and your marriage as well) this is really the way to go about it.

It appears you are allowing your personal resentment for SIL and other JWs to cloud your judgement. Please consider how your words here affect your wife and her mother in the real world.

~Sue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit