My SIL might be 'fishin'....?

by AK - Jeff 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    It's about LOYALTY and Jehovah's Universal Sovereignty, whether others will admit to it or not.

What is about Loyalty and JUS? That my sil is willing to try to trap my wife into admitting that she does not see eye to eye with her religion anymore. I don't get the statement, Spike. Jeff

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Not in witness world it isn't spike...it is about loyalty to the governing body and submission to their self proclaimed sovereignty. If you adhere to that they will tell you you have a solid relationship with God. That is your reward from the WT org- their rpoclaiming you right with God.

• isaacaustin
  • WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Spike...its about loyalty to the BORG and the BORG has removed not only JESUS but GOD and the HOLY SPIRIT from the vows of baptism...so please...you need to see the JWs are ALL ABOUT loyalty to THEM. Failure to toe the line for them results in removal of all that is dear to you. Its a CULT.

WT (The Watchtower) 1973 5/1 page 280 Baptizing Follows Discipling
    (1) Have you repented of your sins and turned around, recognizing yourself before Jehovah God as a condemned sinner who needs salvation, and have you acknowledged to him that this salvation proceeds from him, the Father, through his Son Jesus Christ?
    (2) On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for salvation, have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to God to do his will henceforth as he reveals it to you through Jesus Christ and through the Bible under the enlightening power of the holy spirit?

OLD QUESTIONS Change to:

WT 1985 6/1 page 30 Subjecting Ourselves to Jehovah by Dedication
    ...Thus the decision to be baptized is by no means a sudden emotional reaction. Rather, each one has 'proved for himself the good and acceptable and perfect will of God' and wishes to submit to that will.-Romans 12:2.

At the close of the convention baptism talk, the baptism candidates will be in position to answer with depth of understanding and heartfelt appreciation two simple questions that serve to confirm that they recognize the implications of following Christ's example.

The first question is:
    On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?

The second is:
    Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization?

DO YOU SEE ANYWHERE IN THERE WHERE JESUS SAID TO GO BAPTIZING THEM 'IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER AND THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT?"

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

If I remember correctly, the one who baptised me said "in the name of the Father, the Son, and the holy spirit" then tilted me back and "baptised" me.

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

That must have been some time ago.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

That guy, Spike, was a Baptist pretending to be a Jw that day.

Later that day he went to the Catholic Mass and impersonated Father McKennzie. On his arm was Elenor Rigby if I recall.

Jeff [sorry :( couldn't help it]

• undercover
    undercover
    If I remember correctly, the one who baptised me said "in the name of the Father, the Son, and the holy spirit" then tilted me back and "baptised" me.

Sounds like you don't remember correctly, if you were baptized as a JW. The one who submerses you doesn't say much. The speaker of the baptism talk asks your two questions and off you go to the toddler's pool to get dunked by an overweight guy in a too-tight white t-shirt.

From the 60s to the 80s the Holy Spirit was mentioned seperately from Jehovah and Jesus. Since 85, the Holy Spirit was replaced with the "spirit directed organization".

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Yep - I don't recall anyone saying anything when I was dipped in 1973.

Jeff

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Perhaps it was with my earlier baptism with the "Friends & Workers (a.k.a. Two-by-Twos)". It's too bad that no written records were kept of either event. It sure would be helpful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit