Insomniacs...your tricks for staying asleep?

by restrangled 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Rebel: Things that help me--

I think you forgot something.

:: Humming tune to Ring My Bell ::

• restrangled
    restrangled

Last night fell asleep about 10:00 pm.....Woke up at 1:30... then at 3:30....and stayed up... Made coffee, read JWN until 6:30...started running errands, businesses phone calls at nine a.m. It is now 9:00pm on the east coast...so what is that? 17 and 1/2 hours out of 24, Up and running?

I'm sure it won't be much different tonight....maybe I'll miss the 1:30 hour but that means I will definalty be up between 2:30/ 3:30 and possibly, maybe, hopefully sleep until 7:00am. Thats if my dog will let me sleep that late/

Good night and sweet dreams to all.

r.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Typical for me:

Go to sleep around 11:00 PM

Wake up at 3:00 AM

Lay there trying to go back to sleep until 5:00 AM

Alarm goes off at 6:30 AM

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

sometimes I wake up at 5:30. I'll go back to sleep only to be awaken by the sound of my wife showering. I throw a marijuana brownie in my mouth about an hour before I intend to sleep. About the time it kicks in I am going to bed.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

3:12 AM

"When you have insomnia, you're never really asleep, and you're never really awake." ~Fight Club

• DJQuimica
    DJQuimica

I had to finally go see a doctor, my insomnia is killing me. I am getting by on 3-4 hours sleep a night and it is not enough. I dont want to take Ambien and Im tired of taking Benadryl. Im taking 5-Hydroxytryptophan, its not really helping just yet, but Ive been told to take it for at least a month to see the benefits. So what else works?

DJ_Q

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Let me know if you figure it out.

I'm going to try cutting out alcohol in the evening. (I'm afraid the beer gods will be angry!)

• rebel8
    rebel8
    I think you forgot something.
    :: Humming tune to Ring My Bell ::

That just makes me want a snack and a jog around the block.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Well Ive been working the 9pm-5:30 AM shift now where I work and have had to learn to sleep from 6AM to like noon or 1PM which is REALLY hard as the world is all UP then. I have found that light blocking shutters on the windows is good. I also have an oscillating fan in the room which not only keeps the air moving and the room cool but provides "white noise"...a low humming that is both comforting and blocks out noise from activities going on outside.

When I have a really hard time, I take half a Tylenol PM and it is sufficient and non addictive.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I take one Tylenol PM at 10pm every night and it keeps me asleep the whole night.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit