Insomniacs...your tricks for staying asleep?

by restrangled 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

eating a light meal within an hour or two before bed seems to be good, too, in my case. Consulting with credible (bonafide) health care professionals is always good practice, too, as was mentioned by Lady Lee.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    35 is not middle aged.

No it isn't.

BTS ( a 35yo IT guy)

PS. Sex and a snack helps with sleep. And Ambien puts me out like a light.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I'm such an insomniac. Always had been. It was useful during my days as a recording engineer.
    I did everything recommended. Well one day I tried marijuana for the first time in 20 years. Slept the whole night. Got a Dr's note and that's what I do. In the morning I rarely buy coffee. I used to buy a venti latte every morning. 20 oz of coffee.
    There's no hangover and I can function great

California: It isn't all bad, is it?

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I'm such an insomniac. Always had been. It was useful during my days as a recording engineer.
    I did everything recommended. Well one day I tried marijuana for the first time in 20 years. Slept the whole night. Got a Dr's note and that's what I do. In the morning I rarely buy coffee. I used to buy a venti latte every morning. 20 oz of coffee.
    There's no hangover and I can function great

California: It isn't all bad, is it?

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    And NEVER EVER take it if you have been drinking alcohol!

That's the only way I take it, Scotch and wash it down along with a Vicoden. That is the only way I can deal with going to sleep after Beks' midnight posts.

BTS

• rebel8
    rebel8

Alcohol disturbs sleep pattern by helping you fall asleep but hindering your ability to stay asleep.

Things that help me--

A carb snack at bedtime

A warm bath (physiologically helps you fall asleep)

No noise

Do a "fall asleep routine" each night (routines tell the body it's time to sleep)--i.e., take bath, drink Sleepy Time tea, read for 30 minutes, lay down

Listen to relaxing music (no singing, words distract me)

Deep breathing

Relaxation techniques

A spritz of lavendar on my pillow

A Benadryl if that doesn't work (I'll take 50 mg if I'm having an unusually bad bout of insomnia, but then there's the hangover)

Also the things that help everything--get enough exercise, eat properly, take vitamins, etc.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    That is the only way I can deal with going to sleep after Beks' midnight posts.
    BTS

Ohhh Burn, do I get you all hot and bothered?

Was it the bundling?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

I'm glad you 2 can communicate well on JWN, at least

• startingovernow
    startingovernow

To answer your question about the brand: Peter Gillhman's Natural Vitality; Natural Calm. You should be able to find it at any general vitamin store, health food stores, or on-line.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Burns...please please don't take Ambien CR with alcohol. I know personally of someone that had been doing that for years, then suddenly one night, that person did not wake up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit