A T T E N T I O N PLEASE

by purplesofa 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    A composite? I think you could very well be right. (And I don't think "she" is the first one. )

Agreed. See a poster called Evil Force.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

There are 3 things I am sure of..

Reniaa is not the person he/she claims to be..

Reniaa is here to Game the Board..

The less Reniaa likes a subject,the more effort is made to De-Rail and Hi-Jack the thread..

What many of you don`t know is..You can take back your thread..

ATJ and I have both done it,with Reniaa..

Tell Reniaa to get off your thread ,or stay on topic.....Or..Start her/his own thread..

Reniaa will very often refuse..Thats when you ask fellow posters to ignore Reniaa on your thread..

It works..I`ve done it..

.....................OUTLAW

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Just a couple of general points.

If freedom of speech doesn't exist for your weakest link, it doesn't exist. I am sorry, but you have to be able to deal with disagreements.

As Outlaw said, you either ignore her, or take back control of your thread. I am pretty sure the Mods would allow you to do that......

If someone wants to be contrarian, even unreasonable, they shouldn't scream "persecution" for being called out about it.

I didn't think that how Reinaa was treated was great, but its interesting to look at it as a portrait for where we all are on our post JW path. As for Reinaa, her words reveal a lot about her, whether she realizes it or not.

The ironic thing with her is that both ex JW's and believing JW's both would censure and deny her. Her persistent apologetic approach must be weighed in that light; as a poster without a religion.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Tell Reniaa to get off your thread ,or stay on topic.....Or..Start her/his own thread..

Reniaa will very often refuse..Thats when you ask fellow posters to ignore Reniaa on your thread..

It works..I`ve done it..

Clip and save.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

What many of you don`t know is..You can take back your thread..

ATJ and I have both done it,with Reniaa..

It works..I`ve done it..

.....................OUTLAW

worth remembering - she'll be back

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

With Reniaa, we should have taken the high road. Then when she saw all the snarky bitch JWs on the other site, she would have recognized the difference. But there was no difference. The former JWs are as abusive as the JWs. The JWs are the abuse she is comfortable with though.

We should be better/decent to all those who disagree with us just as a HUMAN gesture. You know she is going back to crap. We could have showed her something better. We don't have to agree, but we can be civil and polite at least. For all the Reniaa's. Or did we learn nothing in the process of leaving and separating ourselves from the abuse?

• steve2
    steve2
    We should be better/decent to all those who disagree with us just as a HUMAN gesture. You know she is going back to crap. We could have showed her something better. We don't have to agree, but we can be civil and polite at least.

Hey, JWdaughter, it is refreshing to read your post. I so agree with your sentiments. It is easy to justify a tit-for-tat response but it simply feeds into a cycle of recrimination. I get the really valid points made by others when they genuinely felt attacked or undermined by Reniaa's posts. Fair enough. But surely we don't have to feed into that kind of often personalized unhelpful dialogue. In some threads, Reniaa simply had to express her view before there was an avalanche of vindictive responses accusing her of all sorts of things that had nothing to do with the thread at hand. That was a shame because it reduced the power of these posters' otherwise good points about doctrine and policy, etc. Some posters even mocked attempts by others to tone down the personal attacks. Sure, it is all survivable in the final analysis, but what a shame Reniaa found no greater tolerance here than she will find at the local kingdom hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit