Lurkers Please Read

by IWillBeDubbedNoMore 48 Replies latest jw friends

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

Without the original understanding of the Generation, there's really no timeline left. This old system could go on *forever*, just as it has gone on for thousands of years

The Generation change was a turning point for me. I already had trouble with the sheep and goats change and now I saw this change for what it was. It was an attempt to dig themselves out of a hole. The Generation was dying off. Their definition just didn't make sense. Everyone knows what the definition of generation is and here they were making up a new definition that as you said has no meaning at all. The dictionary's definition fits well with what Jesus was saying. Within this generation the end will come and it came within 40 years of him saying it. Even with all the doubts I had it took me another 6 years to be mentally free.

The first "new light" on who the Generation is didn't go over well, so they quickly changed it again with "newer light". This newer light allowed for the big increase in those partaking at the Memorial. So, it served two purposes. It stopped anyone from wondering why the numbers were going up and now they are free of any time restraints. They finally learned from the mistakes of the past not to set dates or limits.

• oompa
    oompa

tag........tired now.....

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Farkel has his words, which he will answer for. I have mine, like Reniaa's, which we also will answer for. Let Jehovah be found true, according to the Holy Writ, despite the ridicule claiming a farce.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Great point - The Watchtower apostatized on itself in the 1970's, just as Rutherford did in the 20's with the end time teachings, Knorr did in the 50's with the worship of Jesus changes and Russell did to the Presbyterians.

Reniaa - As Athanasius said, if teachings regarding the Soul and Trinity are what prove the true organization it does not really narrow things down to the WTS. Christadelphians, Bible Students and other Adventist groups share common thoughts on these.

Spike - "Let Jehovah be found true, according to the Holy Writ, despite the ridicule claiming a farce."

That is an amusing response to a thread like this. You give allegiance to the WTS and try to claim to represent the truth of Jehovah's word in a thread that outlines how the WTS proves it has no idea what God's word is by having to change it every year or two.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

let the readers use discernment, as best we can

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Farkel has his words, which he will answer for. I have mine, like Reniaa's, which we also will answer for. Let Jehovah be found true, according to the Holy Writ, despite the ridicule claiming a farce.

In other words, your imaginary friend is going to beat up me and my imaginary friend. Well, if you're going to have such an imaginary friend, you might as well have imaginary fantasies about how your imaginary friend is going to deal with those who point out that He is going to do what your imaginary "Holy Writ" says He's going to do: He's going to fulfill what's in your imagination!

Farkel

• Will Power
    Will Power

Imaginary friends are ok, as long as they don't wear a red suit, hop around, or collect teeth under pillows.

wp

• Heaven
    Heaven

Imaginary friends are ok, as long as they don't wear a red suit, hop around, or collect teeth under pillows.

Or tell you to climb the nearest water tower and pick off passers by with a telescopic rifle.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Jehovah MAY be my imaginary friend, but he's certainly not imaginary; the Universe wouldn't be here without Him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit