Lurkers Please Read

by IWillBeDubbedNoMore 48 Replies latest jw friends

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

The definition of an apostate is one who has abandoned his religious faith. I was baptized in 1974. The religion I joined believed that Jesus selected the Bible Students in 1919 to do a separating work. We had to preach to find the sheep like ones. It was vital that we carry out this work or we might be bloodguilty. The gates of heaven were closed as of 1935, so we were only looking for the other sheep. We had to drop everything and preach because within 80 years of 1914, maybe 90 years if the generation were mighty, the end would be here. Time was of the essence.

These teachings no longer exist. The gates of heaven have been re-opened for new anointed ones. The separating work is not being carried out at this time. It is Jesus who will do it in the future. The generation of 1914 isn’t the generation Jesus was speaking about. If fact, Jesus wasn’t speaking of a literal generation, but was speaking of any anointed ones living or perhaps will be living in the future.

The point I am trying to make is that the religion I joined apostatized itself.

When I realized that this was a different religion, I started researching everything I could.

Please, anyone who reads this who is an active Witness, think about these changes. Can it really be considered the same religion. These were some of the primary teachings and now they are gone.

Ask yourself, why would Jehovah allow all these false teachings to be believed for so many years? Could Jehovah really be behind these teachings? Would Jehovah misdirect his people? If not, then can this really be the "Truth"? Don’t be afraid to examine the Society’s teachings.

When I was going to the meetings, I could never understand why the Society was so afraid of apostate material. I always thought if what they are saying is false and we are losing people to them, then why not print what the apostates are saying and show how wrong it is. I kept expecting the Society to print something. Now after doing much research I understand why they don’t. The Society’s teachings can not stand up to scrutiny.

Don’t be afraid. Do your own research. If it is the "Truth" then it will stand up to examination. If it isn’t then it will fall like a house built on sand.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Yea when I joined, organ transplants were unscriptural, blood was forbidden in all it's forms including any fractions, the people of Sodom and Gomorra had no chance of a resurrection or did they, I lost track of that one.

LD

• reniaa
    reniaa

God allowed trinity for 1700 years.

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

The post is not about the Trinity.

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

There certainly have been tremendous changes in teachings over the past few decades. These changes have not simply been academic changes in understanding of some obscure scripture. Rather, they have been real changes that have dramatically affected peoples' lives.

Take the "1914 generation" doctrine for an example. Before 1995 (when 1914 ceased to have any real meaning), did you see many JW children going to college? I didn't. Why would you...since The End couldn't be more than a few years away?

But since 1995, it's increasingly common, even though the society discourages it. I know plenty of children of "strong" JWs, including elders, who graduated high school post-1995 and went to college right after high school. This is increasingly common in the organization. But it was almost unheard-of in the 70s and 80s.

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

Organ transplants have always been a sore point with me. I think they changed the teaching on that in 1980, which was very good for me because in 1994 I received a kidney transplant. If they didn't change that unscriptual teaching I would not have considered having one. As long as I believed in them speaking for God I would not have had the operation. This is just another example of men putting words in God's mouth.

• androb31
    androb31

"God allowed trinity for 1700 years."

1700+ years and still considered very valid and going strong in original form. Something with that long of a history carries a LOT more merit than something (WT) that's been around 130-140 years at most. Especially since it does not exist anywhere near it's original form (speaking of the WT of course). That's a little wishy washy if you ask me.

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

For myself growing up, since the Organization was presented without blemish, it did not sit well seeing the many contradictions. Jehovah does not need to backtrack, or make excuses for himself. Worse yet by not admitting mistakes, and taking responibility for such, everyone else is to blame.

True, it is the same of so many other religions. This religion has Jehovah apparently, it should be different then.

• sir82
    sir82
    God allowed trinity for 1700 years.

So Jehovah's Witnesses, God's true worshippers, believed in a trinity (with God's tacit approval) for 1700 years?

Do tell!

So what current JW teachings will get jettisoned next year? Next week?

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

Lets be careful not to let Ren change the course of this thread!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit