Lurkers Please Read

by IWillBeDubbedNoMore 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Quandry
    Quandry

1914 has become an embarrassment for the Society. That is why they have removed it from the second page of the Watchtowers and Awakes.

Yes, and without fanfare or notice of any kind. One issue there, next issue not.

They wanted to "Build our confidence in the fact that the generation that was alive and at an age of understanding would not pass away before all these things occured," then "the generation that was alive in 1914," then, that there will be a cleansed earth in the future. No appology for "building our confidence" in one thing then changing it.

Same with the generation changes in the study articles of the WT magazine. Just a paragraph or two, and eveything that you had been pounding into the heads of the people in your territory changed. Again, no apologies. At least they did not try to blame the previous beliefs on the individual witnesses as they did with the 1975 thing!!!

• Heaven
    Heaven

The point I am trying to make is that the religion I joined apostatized itself.

Excellent observation! This is exactly what I saw as a teen... and still see to this day. And I don't see God behind the WTS.

As my Mum told me years ago, Satan's primary goal is to break up the family arrangement. The WTS does this so well I can only conclude they are Satan's org. and not God's.

• Farkel
    Farkel

reniaa,

:One Jehovah - unchanged

:no immortal soul - unchanged

:Jesus is God's actual son - unchanged

:no hellfire - unchanged

Ah, the old Watchtower mantra which is always invoked when a dub gets in a corner and cannot defend beliefs which are important. What do I mean by important? Well, let's first see what's NOT important to humans who actually happen to live on the planet earth and get by on the planet earth:

:One Jehovah - unchanged

Not important. Whether one believes in only one God or a billion Gods it doesn't help humans live any better or any worse life. Besides, what human is even remotely capable of really understanding the nature of a Creator of the Universe?

:no immortal soul - unchanged

Not important. Life is about LIVING, my dear. It is not about dying. Virtually NO one knows what happens when we die. The people who claim to know are idiots and liars and charletans.

:Jesus is God's actual son - unchanged

Not important. Whether Jesus is God's son, or God's pet goldfish doesn't mean squat in itself. If Jesus' words are beneficial to humans and help humans to live healthy lives, then the nature of Jesus isn't important, is it? If Jesus was God's pet goldfish that wouldn't diminish the benefit of his words, would it?

:no hellfire - unchanged

Same as no immortal soul: what happens in the afterlife doesn't mean shit to those in the present life. Now, let's discuss doctrines that are major JW doctrines that DO mean something in this life:

Shunning - ruined millions of lives, destroyed millions of families, caused countless suicides and mental breakdowns.

Blood - responsible for tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths.

Marriage - hundreds of thousands of broken marriage and families because your religious leaders inserted their personal opinion into the marital bed.

Prophecy - 100% failed track record caused untold heart breaks, lost pensions, unnecessary poverty, low standards of living due to ban on higher education.

Book Selling - billions and billion of hours spent selling WTS literature which produced zero results and which literature was out-of-date soon after it was sold. Those billions of hours could have been spent building a better family life, spending quality time with children, pursuing an education, earning money to have better things in life or doing REAL charity. You know, the kind of charity that actually HELPS people?

Meetings - billions and billions of hours spent in an environment that actually destroys brain cells with endless repetition of the same-old-thing month-after-month.

The only thing the WTS can claim they have been totally consistent in throughout their history are the things you've mentioned reniaa, and as I've shown, those things don't mean shit in helping people live happy, fulfilling lives.

Farkel

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

MFFR

• mouthy
    mouthy

Mouthy - I am so sorry about the loss of your children. They were way too young. You may be older but you are still beautiful. I enjoy seeing your smiling face on your avatar.

BabaYaga - Thank you

Oh what a lovely thing to say THANK YOU very much...

• Heaven
    Heaven

You know, the kind of charity that actually HELPS people?

This always puzzled me about the JWs. They talk a good story about 'works' but I never actually saw anyone doing anything of real value.

• Will Power
    Will Power

IWBD: great thread. I can totally see this topic being brought up in casual conversation.

Thanks to Reniaa we have the typical JW contribution

and Farkel coming in with a brilliant close.

wp

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

No appology for "building our confidence" in one thing then changing it.

Quandry - You are so right. They have no conscience. Total arrogance. I can't believe how brain dead I was, never giving any thought that the people publishing the articles about how humble the GB were, were in fact the GB themselves. They assign the article about themselves to be written. They proofread it before hand and approve its printing. How could anyone who is truly humble go through so much effort to tell the world how humble they are?

You know, the kind of charity that actually HELPS people?

This always puzzled me about the JWs. They talk a good story about 'works' but I never actually saw anyone doing anything of real value.

I could never understand how the Society could call itself a charity. Even as a dub it bothered me. It seemed like lying to me. It was just one more thing that I would push out of my mind.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

No more Miracle Wheat!

No more complete ban on blood! (wow, the sheer ignornace of scientific realities and lack logical thought on this one still amazes me - not to mention the flip-flopping, back and forth...)

No more "Jesus is present" since 1874!

No more Armageddon in 1915, 1920, 1926, 1975...!

Vaccinations OK! Transplants OK!

Young persons, foermerly taught they would *never grow old*, can now die like everyone else!

Without the original understanding of the Generation, there's really no timeline left. This old system could go on *forever*, just as it has gone on for thousands of years.

• TheMan
    TheMan

Great summary. This religion is nothing like what the witnesses of the '50s, '60s, '70s & '80s first signed up for. Yet no "modern" day witness gets this. That's what's so frustrating...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit