Lurkers Please Read

by IWillBeDubbedNoMore 48 Replies latest jw friends

• choosing life
    choosing life

Reniaa

I think that many people start feeling out of place after being a jw for some time. It is just not the same religion that they joined anymore.

Truth just does not keep changing.

I was on a study once and my book said the people of Sodom and Gomorrah would be resurrected and my student's book said they wouldn't. Kinda funny.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Bookmarked. Thank you for an excellent argument.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I remember no organ transplants ,No cornea transplants, no vaccinations, no blood any part of it,
    No wearing anything above the knee, no coloured shirts, no beards,
    I also remember a lady going blind at the cornea time.many that died no blood,
    Vacinations?So many refused & got sick. I could go on & on .But the wickedest thing they
    have spouted is SHUNNING! But may be like the Sodomonites ( who have been judged what is it
    six times? )they are! they "aint" !they are !,they "aint' !they are !they "aint"!getting a resurrection
    So maybe one day they will lift the shunning ban. Did their God have hicups?

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

bluecanary - Thank you

This religion has in the last 130 years morphed from one set of religious beliefs to another to another. It is endless. First Russel had his ideas and they where proved false. Then Rutherford came along and dictated his ideas and they were proved wrong. Next, we had Franz with his teachings and just like his predecessors was proved wrong. Now we are experiencing the latest group of teachings. How on earth can this religion be from God if it always changing its beliefs? If we sit back and clear our mind and look at the facts, it is easy to see that they don't allow the bible to speak for itself. If they did they wouldn't have to change every few decades.

• reniaa
    reniaa

statements are not proof....

One Jehovah - unchanged

no immortal soul - unchanged

Jesus is God's actual son - unchanged

no hellfire - unchanged

and many more unchanged. If you look at what does change... it's either understanding of bible prophecy or applied biblical principle to our daily lifes as things come up. The core beliefs have remained the same.

Reniaa

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

1914 was a core belief. Please Reniaa.

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

Today, Jehovah's Witnesses point to the "sign" given by Jesus and look back upon 1914 as the year when his invisible presence in Kingdom power became a reality. But how could they have had advance knowledge of such a momentous event? Not because of extraordinary human wisdom. No, but because they have prayerfully studied the Scriptures, heeded God's prophetic word and paid more than usual attention to what God's Son foretold. (2 Peter 1:19; Hebrews 1:1, 2; 2:1) Grateful that Jehovah has 'told them fresh things before they have appeared,' the Witnesses are delighted to be spreading this knowledge earth wide. –The Watchtower, April 1, 1984, page 16.

Deny it Ren.

• lurk3r
    lurk3r
    It is obvious that the true God, who is himself "the God of truth" and who hates lies, will not look with favor on persons who cling to organizations that teach falsehood. (Psalm 31:5; Proverbs 6:16-19; Revelation 21:8) And, really, would you want to be even associated with a religion that had not been honest with you?Is This Life All There Is?, 1974, page 46.
  • lurk3r
    lurk3r
    The Watchtower is not the instrument of any man or set of men, nor is it published according to the whims of men. No man's opinion is expressed in The Watchtower. –The Watchtower, November 1, 1931, page 327.
    If it's no mans expression..who's is it then?
  • flipper
    flipper

DUBBEDNOMORE- Great thread ! Very true everything you say ! Jehovah's Witnesses ARE NOT God's true organization because among other things - they cover over child abuse as they don't know the difference beween a crime and a sin, won't let victims go to the police to report it, even have DFed them for doing so. The witnesses allow minor children to die because of not accepting life saving blood transfusions. The Jehovah's Witnesses continue to dupe their members with a false fantasy hope of paradise and hold it out like a carrot - but like most mind control cults, never deliver on it's promises. The generation of 1914 is done, time to stick a fork in it. Any lurker reading this, please, go live your life in freedom of mind. Escape now from the clutches of the WT society while you have life flowing through your body. The next thing they may require you to do may resemble David Koresh in the 1990's or the People's Temple with Jim Jones. There really is no limit to how much they might try to control you. Sincerely, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit