Lurkers Please Read

by IWillBeDubbedNoMore 48 Replies latest jw friends

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

Mr Flipper - Thank you. They put the organization above those they are suppose to be protecting. They stop them from going to the police because it will bring reproach upon Jehovah themselves. How can bringing a criminal to justice bring reproach on God or any organization? It would only show that they are truly protecting their sheep.

The loss of little children because of their blood doctrine is criminal. All those young lives lost for no good reason. It is just horrendous. They speak out of both sides of their mouth. On one side they say no blood transfusions, blood needs to be poured on the ground. From the other side of their mouth, they say fractions are a conscience matter. How is it, if blood is to be poured upon the ground then it is OK to use fractions that came from blood not poured on the ground? It is illogical. How is it that they can read God's mind and know what God considers a fraction and what God considers a component? Aren't the two words interchangeable? Aren't they all part of blood?

1914 has become an embarrassment for the Society. That is why they have removed it from the second page of the Watchtowers and Awakes. They are slowly distancing themselves from it.

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

My father recently turned 76. He was baptized at eight years old. He was told that he would never graduate high school in this system. He was told that Armageddon was so close, why get married on this side. Why not wait? He was told not to have children. Wait! He was told he didn't need to plan for retirement. He was told he would never grow old. He would never experience grey headedness. They were wrong on all accounts.

Now they are saying the same nonsense to a new generation. How many lives must they ruin.

Thankfully, my father didn't listen and got married and had children and saved for retirement. So many listened to their dribble and missed out on having a happy family life and saving for their retirement. Now they are struggling. The list of victims has no end.

• mouthy
    mouthy

He was told he didn't need to plan for retirement. He was told he would never grow old. He would never experience grey headedness. They were wrong on all accounts.

Yes I was told Melanie would never go to Kindergaten she died at 42 yrs old,
    Alan would never get married, He died at 46( after marrying & divorcing)
    I was supposed to be young & beautiful after 1975 ,I am old & very ugly
    ,& grey hair
    No I never saved for retirement.. or had insurance ,WHY I wasnt going to need it
    in the new world...Thank God that my husband was a Veteran,(NOT A JW) So
    I get a pension from them...... Otherwise I would be screwed....

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Interesting post Renaiaa.

One Yahweh--unchanged

No imortal soul--unchanged

Jesus is God's son--unchanged

No hellfire--unchanged

These are core Christadelphian beliefs, and the Christadelphian Church is older than the Jehovah's Witness church. However, the Christadelphians don't flip flop on their other beliefs like the Watchtower does.

• wozza
    wozza

"God allowed trinity for 1700 years."

I think Reniaa just needed a good old fashioned molesting from one of her brothers or sisters when she was a kid and she might have seen things straight

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Great post, DubbedNoMore. You said:

Time was of the essence.

These teachings no longer exist.

Amazing. That pretty much says it all.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Reniaa..

God allowed the trinity for 1700 years..Statements are not proof..

statements are not proof....You got 1 right..Thats 1 in a row!

One Jehovah - unchanged ..Statements are not proof..

no immortal soul - unchanged ..Statements are not proof..

Jesus is God's actual son - unchanged..Statements are not proof..

no hellfire - unchanged..Statements are not proof..Although I don`t believe that one either......I just can`t prove it..Just like you..LOL!!

and many more unchanged. If you look at what does change... it's either understanding of bible prophecy or applied biblical principle to our daily lifes as things come up. The core beliefs have remained the same. Statements are not proof..

The only thing you got right is.."Statements are not proof.."

...............LOL!!...OUTLAW

Reniaa

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Thankfully, my father didn't listen and got married and had children and saved for retirement. So many listened to their dribble and missed out on having a happy family life and saving for their retirement. Now they are struggling.

I know a LOT of folks that did not plan or save for retirement and some that still do not. In their mind its a measure of how much faith you have in Jehovah and his promise to care for you. These same folks are always looking for hand-outs and then claiming that Jehovah blessed them when someone helps them out.

To the original point of this thread, I've seen the org changes during the time I was associated with the org. Yep, its a man-made religion.

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

The subject of Trinity being around for 1700 years was mentioned. Whether you believe in it or not it is a teaching that has been around for almost two thousand years. Even though as a Witness, I thought the teaching was completely wrong, I could see how someone could come to that wrong conclusion by using various scriptures. The same thing is true about the holy spirit. I could see how someone could come to the conclusion of it being an individual by using certain scriptures.

The reason I mention this, is that this teaching is still here even after nearly two thousand years and those that believe in it are still using the same scriptures to support it. On the other hand, the Society's teaching are continually changing. There has been little consistency in their teachings.

Most of what the Society teaches can not be backed by using the scriptures alone. That is why they insist you use their publications to study with someone. If you were to sit down with a householder and just have a study with the Bible alone, you would have an incredibly difficult time convincing anyone of the Society's teachings.

To anyone who is active, try it. Try just using the scriptures to prove the teachings of the Society. See if you can do it.

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

Mouthy - I am so sorry about the loss of your children. They were way too young. You may be older but you are still beautiful. I enjoy seeing your smiling face on your avatar.

BabaYaga - Thank you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit