Anyone have a soft spot for old video games?

by John Doe 66 Replies latest jw friends

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

Awesome thread.

I really miss the old games, they were so simple. Arcades are pretty much a thing off the past too, whrn the were only a quarter!

How about

Excite Bike

TWA (pretty sure) Wrestling

Karate Champ

Elevator Action

Tron

The original Star Wars

Popeye

Kung Fu Master

Archon (atari 800xl and 130xe)

LODE RUNNER!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I do remember way back in the day, playing pong at Shakey's Pizza

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Of course I have a soft spot for old videogames. We used to have congregation skating parties and drop many a quarter into Galaxian, Pac Man, Defender, etc.

Some of us pioneers would take breaks at a convenience store where we played the hell out of Time Pilot.

A personal favorite of mine was Road Blasters, cuz you could not only race but shoot the other cars as well.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Classic

My fav ol time vids were Robotron, Centipede, Star Wars, Defender, Discs of Tron, Star Castle, Gyruss, Qix, the list goes on. I liked Williams games; not only the best pinball tables but their vector games rocked.

All time fav: Steel Talons (combat chopper sim w rudder pedals and collective. Challenging in full sim mode)

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Yeah, the Star Wars arcade game was awesome. Loved Atari Pitfall, too. I can't explain why.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Anyone remember Zaxon? My brother and I had an arcade miniature of that one and Frogger.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

AstroSmash

Played that game for hours and hours

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Some of us pioneers would take breaks at a convenience store where we played the hell out of Time Pilot.

OMG, I forgot about Time Pilot. They had that at the pizza joint downtown. My brother, myself, and a JW friend of ours would play that game for hours.

Spy Hunter, Karate Champ, Double Dragon, Tecmo Bowl. Too many to recall.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I'm thinking about getting an old Atari just for the hell of it.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I wanna standing video arcade game like Defender.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit