Anyone have a soft spot for old video games?

by John Doe 66 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
  • AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Oh yeah! The 2600 and the more advanced 7800!

Pole Position was great. There was this Activision Hockey game where you could win the draw and get a goal by knocking it off the boards. It was flawed, but my brother and I tried to beat each others high score. I think we broke 50 goals in 3 minutes or some nonesense like that.

Super Pacman on the 7800 was cool. Frogger, Donkey Kong... Oh yeah....

Am I dating myself yet? Do I have to admit that I saw Wargames before Matt Broderick entered puberty?

• dinah
    dinah

Space Invaders and Centipede!! Ahhh, Atari.

I got Frogger and Centipede for the PS1 (about 12 years ago).

• megs
    megs

There was this crazy game called Burger Time where the goal was to make burgers, kept me entertained for hours! And Dig Dug!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Forgot Centipede. Frustrating game for me. I was only 9 when I played... I was fascinated by the snake motion.. I was much better at sport games...

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Tetris and Lords of the Realm for me.

Addicted.....

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    There was this crazy game called Burger Time where the goal was to make burgers,

OMG! I totally forgot about this... You are so right, mindless and repetitive.... But addictive..

Palm, Tetris came out on Atari or Nintendo? I can't remember... Dad got hooked on playing Super Pacman on the 7800 in the mid 80's, got pissed one night because he couldn't make it past level 4 and kicked the hell out of it... lol... That was the last video game I played in our house for many years.....

*sigh* I am such a nerd.... But I miss those games....

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Mmm. Burger Time... Centipede... I like the old NES games as well (except Pole Position. :P)

- Lime

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I think Tetris started on Nintendo....????

I'm a closet nerd. My daughter and I play Sims all the time, too. Our big plan when she visits next week is to buy Sims 3 for each of us.....

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I have tetris on my first cell phone. I still play it. Keep the phone just for the tetris. My favorite video games were Super Nintendo B.O.B., Super Mario 2 with the Princess and pulling up plants and throwing them and Harley's Big Adventure. I remember when my sister bought a Pong for her kids. I also remember playing it at a department store.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit