Anyone have a soft spot for old video games?

by John Doe 66 Replies latest jw friends

• startingovernow
    startingovernow

All things Pac Man - I had a Pac Man watch as a child, didn't want to get on the plane to Disney World because I had gotten the farthest I had ever gotten on Ms. Pac Man at the airport and didn't want to have to stop. Nowadays when I see Ms. Pac Man I will play until my arm aches!

Frogger

Carnival

Donkey Kong

Dig Dug

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    I absolutely loved Bionic Commando for the NES and played it so much that to this day the music from it takes me right back to being a kid.

That game was awesome! You might check out the remade version that is available on the PS3 (and perhaps other platforms). Totally revamped graphics and improved bosses but other than that it's the same game. I think it was only $5 to download.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Anybody remember the King's Quest computer game?

Which one? There were 8 from what I recall. I really enjoyed the first 6. Space Quest and Quest for Glory games were also awesome! The older "Quest" games from Sierra required you to type in your commands...none of this mouse pointer junk. lol

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    All things Pac Man

Yes, Pac Man rules. You can download "Pac Man CE" (championship edition) for the XBox 360...it's pretty awesome.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Re PC games

Perhaps not that long ago relatively but a game I played to death was Descent II for the PC (don't know if it was ported to other platforms). I bought a CH Combatstick and Throttle combo just for that game and spent over $2000 on a hyped up Pentium 100 (state of the art at the time). The roomies hated when I played that one with the sub dialed up,....muahaha

Also loved Tie Fighter & X Wing Alliance combat sims for PC. Awesome gamez; miss the "furballs",...lol

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

This brings back memories of the days when I spent my time in a local bar smoking, drinking, and playing Ms. Pacman and Donkey Kong for hours on end, until my unemployment cheques ran out. Then I joined the stupid cult and cleaned windows instead.

W

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

MoonCresta and Defender were my faves

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit