Anyone listening to the confrence call?

by foolsparadise 87 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

LOL! Yes I have been on all night ..Still going on it is 11.24.p.m.

Mouthy/granny/Grace

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I stayed with it for an hour, listened to his story. I couldn't stay longer to hear about France.

I always thought WTS would find problems in the legal system/governments outside of USA that are not afraid to tell their citizens that these guys are what they are- a cult. How do you overturn a decision by France? It could happen, but will exhaust a few millions and get plenty of negative press in Europe for the cult.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

France has no issue with enforcement. If they. (the WT), lose, they pay, have a nice day. JW's are in a weak position in that country. The fine will stick, It's not a death bow, but it will likely incite more articles on donations

• reniaa
    reniaa

It shows up the french government to be truly greedy I see, you would rather greedy politiions had your donations using religions as a way to get it?

It is to be expected that governments will start dispising religions so all this guy is doing is confirming the world viewpoint change towards religion and that is biblically predicted.

BTW guys if governments make it really hard to be witnesses it will have the opposite effect to the one you are hoping, THe opportunity to worship Jehovah is one you cannot stamp out of hearts.

Reniaa

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'm sorry Reniaa,

as a 55 year old, unemployed, trailer park resident, you find it enjoyable to be a pretend JW. I have yet to see u site a single publication in defense.

Back to the topic. How was the general reaction of this news?

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

How is paying tax making it really hard to be witnesses? They should be made to pay tax in all countries. In the UK they are registered as a charity and therefore tax exempt. However they do no charitable works that I have ever seen.

• reniaa
    reniaa

Then you were never a witness, the one thing even apposing governments do not deny is their help in disaster areas and reading programs, free literature etc

In a time when polititions openly feather their nests with tax payers money and due to the recession want to keep the money cow paying any way they can. I suppose if religion is no longer an option for someone they have to reconcile themselves to greedy governments.

Reniaa

• besty
    besty

Seneca the Younger - "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."

the old ones are the best...

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

This demand for unpaid tax may just be what the WTS needs so that they encourage their members to go get a good education and a job with prospects to help support their spiritual life.

• besty
    besty

My opinion on taxing religion - enough people are kept in line for the potential tax revenue to be overlooked

simple risk/benefit analysis

and then the JW's are insignificant in the religious mix

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit