Anyone listening to the confrence call?

by foolsparadise 87 Replies latest jw friends

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

not sure, but they have not paid it and are appealing it...it was a fine...not a lawsuit

• InOregon
    InOregon

The WTS owes $50 million to the government for fees related to being a religious org. Of course the WTS is fighting it in court.

• cognac
    cognac

thanks isaac! wonder if that would put them under if they had to pay it???

• restrangled
    restrangled

It was fascinating to listen to! I was on from the beginning and had several questions, but my phone battery ran out.

Anyway it was a real treat. He is Nick! on this board apparently.

I would have loved to hear what he knows about the
    German Government and their attitude about the JW's.

r.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

it would hurt....but probably not put them under. I would think much of their capital is in real esate holdings though and this would result in more selling. I truly think their downfall will come from an unexpected angle financially that no one is expecting, including the wt.

• cognac
    cognac

This site speaks about it also:

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-2020252_ITM

Notice this paragraph:

The French tax administration has now launched a serious attack on the freedom of religious association and worship by enforcing a 60% tax on "hand donations" made by more than 200,000 Jehovah's Witnesses in the last four years. The amount involved is about 50 million dollars (!) and every donation made to cover it will be taxed again on a 60% basis. After several years of legal battles, a court has just ordered the seizure and the provisional mortgage of their patrimony.

I'm gonna start a new thread on it...

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

this is awesome news...if it is as it seems to say

• cognac
    cognac

seems to say what?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

about the 50 mil owed...taxing 60% on donations to cover it...and the seizure

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

I have been listening from the beginning but I am using Skype. Just need a cheap mic to make long distance calls using the computer.

but my phone battery ran out. That is not a problem with Skype. Was just testing my cut and paste which for some reason was giving me a fit but seems to work now. The same for Vista. It was also not working right. Thanks all and keep listening. You can also listen on PalTalk- Religion-Christianity-Six Screens and text to the group using it as well. It is free that way. But you have to knock on the table to get into the room and say: Joe sent me.

Joseph

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit