Inability to take hints

by rebel8 68 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I think people just missed my point, witnesses are not there to pussy foot around they are there on the doors to give God's LIFE-SAVING message to people.

bwahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah...ja ja whatever.

• carla
    carla

Doing god's work isn't a social club-- that is the funniest thing I have heard all day! of course it is a social club! nothing but. If they truly wanted to get the word out they would actually go knock on doors instead of having an entire vehicle full of people while two people went out. I watched this in action on a beautiful spring day, 5 people sitting in the van while two people went out and walked ever so slowly to a door. What were the remaining people doing in the van? chatting away. Then comes the coffee & potty break, then comes lunch. If they really wanted to get the message out they might try knocking on doors when people are actually home, they might try not being rude, they might try identifying themselves when asked, they would give their own addresses when asked so the door could come and knock on their door with some crazy ungodly message too!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    I think people just missed my point

I had to LOL when I read this.

• oompa
    oompa

LMAO at the last few posts!!!.....i swear i could hear lou an purps laughing.......please please let her think we are now all either destroyed or in paradise!!!......so everyone left should now be happy to just move on.....the end has happened......its over...oompa

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaas rubbish:

think people just missed my point, witnesses are not there to pussy foot around they are there on the doors to give God's LIFE-SAVING message to people. So yes they would need someone to say "I'm sorry I am totally not interested " before they walked away, Doing god's work isn't a social club but a life-giving work. Do you think Jesus's appostles went to people cap in hand apologetically and running away if the person give them slight non-commital responses? they knew they would get active resistance to the message more than just hints outright 'stop preaching this or I'll kill you' responses.

Maybe your viewpoint reflects your new postion of not seeing it as life-saving work? If you suddenly tomorrow found a message that was that important again would you be zealous about spreading it?

Reniaa

My reply: Umm no Reniaa. Witnesses are actually out there to pussyfoot around and get in there time. They know the tricks they can use to extend their time. In reality a minute percentage of their actual time in service is knocking on doors and even a smaller percentage is talking to people. When they do it is simply to shove a tract in someones hand and move to the next door before you can blink. It actually is like a social club as that is how it has evolved into. And sorry, no comparison between the WTs false gospel and the message the apostles preached handed directly to them by Jesus.

• rebel8
    rebel8

For the record, everyone: I was not talking about reniaa when I started this thread!

reniaa, you are right the dubs don't want to take no for an answer when preaching because they believe they shouldn't.

However, they make the mistake of ignoring hints when not preaching too, and with this lose an important social skill (emotional intelligence, if you will).

It is also a source of avoidable contention when preaching, because in order to stop dubs from pestering them, people are forced to hide in their homes with drapes drawn or violate generally-accepted standards for politeness by telling them off.

IOW, it's not Saaataan who makes people dislike dubs. It's dubs.

Being deaf doesn't help matters when a lot of it is in the tone of voice.

WhiteDove, you've sure got a double whammy to deal with! Must have been a struggle to learn the social cues, as you described.

Wish I were Catholic so I could do Mea Culpas... or self-flagellate...

Kudra, If you really want to, you can self-flagellate w/o joining the RCs!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Actually, dubdom ignores things others can easily detect. I think there are some "hints" in the Bible that get ignored in JW theology. For example:

Who was "saved" the zealous preacher Stephen or the seamstress of ladies undergarments Dorcas?
    Who was "saved" the fearless preacher John the Baptist or Mr. Hospitality Lazarus?

There is no record of Dorcas or Lazarus ever going door-to-door. I think there's a clear message that there is greater value in resurrecting those who do generous deeds. Let the preachy martyrs rot, eh?

B the X

• reniaa
    reniaa

Make up your mind guys, are they (according to you) bullies dragging people out of their houses making them listen to the message with bible held to their throats or they are having a break with friends on a sunny day sending 2 for a obligatory call on a few doors not really waiting for answers then going back for tea and biscuits at someone's house?

You really need to keep your generalisations straight!!!

Reniaa

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Reniaa #1915 dumbest post yet. Congratulations. Nothing like a dub-wanna-be mocking the "first century Jehovah's Witnesses".

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Another thread down the Reniaa drain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit