Inability to take hints

by rebel8 68 Replies latest jw friends

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi isaac

as usual you read more into my words (always liking that little swipe at me) taking the focus off the point I was actually making with irony yes but valid still.

It does this world no credit that conversation is reduced to chatter with no depth and people cannot with all our education simply talk on the deeper things.

Reniaa

• John Doe
    John Doe
    It does this world no credit that conversation is reduced to chatter with no depth and people cannot with all our education simply talk on the deeper things.

Reniaa, let me give you my experience. Since I left the jw's, I've found that people of the world are not only able to talk about deeper things, they are glad to do so. That doesn't mean they welcome every crack pot who shows up uninvited to regurgitate the ramblings of a cult. It means they have honest and deep conversations with their friends in the proper places. Furthermore, the depth of conversations I've had with folks since leaving far outstrip any I ever had within the jw's, where thought and questions are demonized.

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi John

and yet my experience has been the opposite, I find People will readily talk on sport, who won what, who lost what which team has the best sports wear stuff needing hours to deliberate on, but talk about God, origin of life, hope and eyes glace over. Lately I just have to say michael Jackson to happily keep a half hour conversation and people happy.

I wouldn't be on these forums if I didn't cry out against the lack of conversational depth around me. I will say one thing ex-witnesses you all mostly are but your Jw past means you have a depth to your conversation that is satisfying :)

Reniaa

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa you said:

hi isaac

as usual you read more into my words (always liking that little swipe at me) taking the focus off the point I was actually making with irony yes but valid still.

Reniaa

My reply: Your last sentence is not necessarily true and certainly not as a blanket statement. It is true among many people, but not all. The same is true among JWs...and the new breed of dronelike dubs who have no thinking ability on theological issues is quite evident.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I will say one thing ex-witnesses you all mostly are but your Jw past means you have a depth to your conversation that is satisfying :)

Being inquisitive and thoughtful has nothing to do with a jw past. Some of the deepest thinkers you'll ever meet will have never heard of JWs. What passes as deep to a JW are thoughts that most people have gone beyond by the time they're through elementary school.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

The deep thinking is what got us out of the JWs...we did not develop the ability to think deeply from the JWs. That is something the WT tries to hinder in hopes of its atrophy.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Isaac - maybe reniaa is saying she'd rather 'converse' with ex JWs, as she can learn more and we are more interesting than current JWs (who are, basically, brain dead).

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    but your Jw past means you have a depth to your conversation that is satisfying :)

Please, reniaa. Being a JW has nothing to do with it. Some of the most asinine, trivial conversations I've ever had were at the Kingdom Hall. I've opened my mind to a lot of differen't things since leaving that behind. Do you believe half of the the shit that you write on here?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

midwichcuckoo, that is what her words have conveyed, probably an inadvertant admission on her part.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Do you believe half of the the shit that you write on here?

LOL.

When I tried to converse deeply with other JW's and get them to think outside the box, I was given suspicious stares and the silent treatment.

I soon found someone at work with whom I could share my doubts and despair at the goings-on in WT land.

No lie.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit