Hypothetically, If Someone Created a Fake Congregation to Trick Another...

by OnTheWayOut 113 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• besty
    besty

thats my point Vinny - we have enough smarts on this board to create 2.0 FakeReInstate for those that want to try....

attempt number 1 is not usually the final version - it's called natural selection :-)

• Vinny
    Vinny

"thats my point Vinny - we have enough smarts on this board to create 2.0 FakeReInstate for those that want to try....

attempt number 1 is not usually the final version - it's called natural selection :-)"

• besty
    besty

try again Vinny - this time for those of us with English as our 1st language....I know you live on an island but give it a go....

• Vinny
    Vinny

"try again Vinny - this time for those of us with English as our 1st language....I know you live on an island but give it a go"....

**** Ok, in english: BWAAAAAAAAAhahhaaahahahahahaahahahahahahah

Better?

Vinny

• besty
    besty

don't underestimate the effect of many thousands of people trying to overwhelm a centralized bureacracy - asymmetric warfare is ...erm....one-sided...in our favor

or maybe we should just concede rightful power to the WTS and let them dictate the rules?

• Vinny
    Vinny

If you want to beat the system go ahead and do a fade then. My wife has faded and she can talk to most JW's today.

If you instead want to create a phony congregation and phony judicial committees, then go for it. I sure won't stop anybody.

But my simple opinion is that it will never work. And then once discovered, it will make things only worse for those involved as well as some not even involved but who've left the faith.

Not much else to say on it for me.

Vinny

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Ok instead of a phony congregation, all it would take is infiltrating a real cong... this could take considerable time and effort, probably more than its worth. But I think if someone like myself wanted to, it would not take much to go back, do some world-class groveling, get back in, this person could be an elder in 5 years.

No Apologies

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

well..interesting that the original thread disappeared....

wow....I dont have to try to remember what I type the other night...thanks...lol

b the ex:

all it would take is an elder to call the branch to get the latest KH, CotBoE, and Sec info, and it all fails.

yeah, thats what I said, you just said it more succinctly...lol

besty:

or maybe we should just concede rightful power to the WTS and let them dictate the rules?

nope...free country.... sounds like too much trouble for me...but its not me...Personally, I went through a very calculated procedure to execute my fade 18 months ago. It was 100% successful and I am still living in the same house that I have for the last dozen years. My fade will be blown out of the water soon because I am taking actions in my life without a care in the world what the hell WTBTS, et al. do. They can DF, DA, BJ, JC, whatever... but for the original poster they take chances blowing their own fade out of the water by their actions...as I said, their little trick would NOT have worked with me.

Snakes ()

• besty
    besty
    If you want to beat the system go ahead and do a fade then.

There is no one correct solution for all cases. Fading is particularly problematic for those already disfellowshipped, which was the subject of the original post.

My wife has faded and she can talk to most JW's today.

I'm happy your wife can enjoy partially restricted interaction with fundamentalist cult members. Does she have the freedom to discuss her birthday celebrations with her love bomber buddies? There is no simplistic one-size-fits-all answer to exiting a high control group.

If you instead want to create a phony congregation and phony judicial committees, then go for it. I sure won't stop anybody.

Thanks for the permission to try new ways to defeat the WTS.

But my simple opinion is that it will never work.

Check your local town square for statues built to commemerate the memory of the men who said " It will never work". Progress depends on unreasonable men, not those who accept the status quo. (apologies to all 'realists' who 'know the way things work')

And then once discovered, it will make things only worse for those involved as well as some not even involved but who've left the faith.

There seems to be Slippery Slope fallacy here. "It_will_be_discovered and_then it will make things worse and_then it will involve other people...."

And I assume you refer to pessimistic faders when you say 'it will make things only worse'? If a DF'd person is being shunned how much worse can it get for all concerned?

Go on Vinny - unleash the inner optimist that is begging to create new ways to undermine the WTS....or die in a fatalist coffin....

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

The only good thing about this plan would be to flood and I mean FLOOD bethel with information request, request for forms, request to set up a new hall from 3000 different locations. I mean anything that clogs the pipes and shuts them down for a few weeks is all to the good! I mean they probably have 5-10 bethel workers who handle this stuff and are overworked already if we could send 10 or 15,000 request all from fictitious congregations that would be fun!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit