Hypothetically, If Someone Created a Fake Congregation to Trick Another...

by OnTheWayOut 113 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vinny
    Vinny

"I also chuckled at the comment someone made about people caring enough about the df'd person to actually contact them to find out how they are doing. Every df'd person I've met hasn't had anyone care enough to do that so that would be the minority...now, if the WTS hadn't and wasn't pushing for more distance between df'd people and families or friends, then perhaps that would be a different matter, but the way it stands now, a df'd person is dead so for most of them, contact is nil." sammieswife

**** I completely disagree. Maybe while DF'd they pull back or are cut off entirely. (Though not always). But once fake reinstatement is announced (if it ever gets that far before being exposed) then obviously congratulations, renewing relationships, encouragement and checking up on will almost always follow. Otherwise, what's the point of wanting a fake reinstatement to begin with if nobody cares even after the fact??

But additionally, if you are a parent of a DF'd child, there is a very good chance some communication continues anyway. I sure did when my 18 year old son lived on his own to at least some degree. And I was an elder. So many other parents have some (although often just minimal) conversations with children that are DF'd. Usually almost always along the lines of make sure you go to the meetings along with the we miss you guilt trips.

You must know only cold heartless JW's to write the above.

Vinny

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

or warm, but loyal ones, I suggest

• watson
    watson

Please, you two. ( and you know who I'm talking about ) Do NOT kiss and make up. Too entertaining.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Kissing each other and wearing make-up would be out of the question for these 2, I surmise. Besides, it's a perhaps permanently long-distance relationship and too informal, so why would they?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit