JFK Assasination....I realize now there was no Conspiracy Jack Ruby was mentally ill.

by Witness 007 58 Replies latest jw experiences

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

PS

Seriously if you're interested, go to the library and check out Bugliosi's book "Reclaiming History". If that's too daunting, it's rather large, then check out the shorter form called "4 Days in November", this second book offers a simple minute-by-minute timeline of everything that happened. It's extremely informative as other books have left out quite a lot.

Chris

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Thanks Chris, appreciate it.

• TD
    TD

The 'Fly in the ointment' for me will always be wound morphology.

Governor Connelly's wounds were consistent with a thick jacketed bullet that would pass through a human target with minimal deformation. (Like the one that was recovered)

President Kennedy's wound was not.

I'm not a conspiracy nut and I don't have any alternative explanation at all.

--But at the same time, I dislike loose ends and the attempts I've seen to explain this have generally been laughable.

For example, "Experts" have compared the 6.5X52 with a 30-30 because both catridges propel bullets of comparable weight at comparable velocities. The idea is that it would not be entirely impossible for the bullet propelled from Oswald's rifle to have done what we can clearly see in the Zapruder film. (These comparisons are usually based upon photos in the book, Gunshot Wounds: Practical Aspects of Firearms, Ballistics, and Forensic Techniques. DiMaio, Vincent J.M.: Elsevier Science Publishing Co., Inc., New York, NY; 1985)

-- Problem is the 30-30 is a hunting cartridge, not a military cartridge and as such it is loaded with soft-nosed bullets 99.9% of the time. (Full jacketed bullets in most 30-30's are dangerous because of the tubular magazines.) This not only invalidates the comparison, it lends weight to the idea that the wound was not inflicted by the bullet in question.
  • inkling
    inkling

No credible conspiracy theorist....

Is it just me, or do these words not parse?

[inkling]

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

TD, I thought the ammunition from Oswald's gun was 6.5mm for the Mannlicher-Carcano? Not 30/30?

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/factoid7.htm

If I'm wrong, or I misunderstood I'm sorry. I'm a stupidhead when it comes to guns.

Chris

• TD
    TD

Hiya Chris

You're right about Oswald's rifle.

The comparison gets made between the 6.5X52 Carcano and the more familiar 30-30 because the two cartridges are roughly equal in power.

Since the 30-30 is so much more common, there are many more shooting incidents to draw forensic evidence from. This evidence has been used to answer objections over the nature of the President's wounds.

I don't think the comparison is valid though.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    President Kennedy's wound was not.

Which wound are you talking about; his back or his head?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Thanks Six, I should have asked that. I was re-reading part of Bugliosi's book (geez there's a lot to plow through here!) when I saw this thread again. So I'll wait for TD's reply.

• TD
    TD

Six & Chris,

My reference was to the cranial damage done by the head shot, principally the difference between the entry and exit points.

Sorry for not being more precise. Chris and I discussed this a little bit almost exactly a year a ago:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/social/current/162219/1/JFK-Assasination

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I went on the Dallas Historical Society's tour of the Lee Harvey Oswald tour. I didn't know that LHO couldn't drive. Very interesting. If you live in the DFW area, they do the tour every November around the anniversary of the assasination.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit