What Religion Are You?

by homeschool 71 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

I like to quote John Lennon whenever this topic comes up...he put in song pretty much how I feel about religion/faith...

(These are the lyrics to the acoustic version which is more succinct than the album version)

God is a concept,
    By which we can measure,
    Our pain,
    I'll say it again,
    God is a concept,
    By which we can measure,
    Our pain,
    I don't believe in magic,
    I don't believe in I-ching,
    I don't believe in bible,
    I don't believe in tarot,
    I don't believe in Hitler,
    I don't believe in Jesus,
    I don't believe in Kennedy,
    I don't believe in Buddha,
    I don't believe in mantra,
    I don't believe in Gita,
    I don't believe in yoga,
    I don't believe in kings,
    I don't believe in Elvis,
    I don't believe in Dylan,
    I don't believe in Beatles,
    I just believe in me,
    And that's reality.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Very simple Christian. non judgmental, not doctrinal, just love, joy, peace parts.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Pastafarian. All hail the FSM!

Dave

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

I'm studying Therevada Buddhism. I like it because it is more about psychology than religion. There is no moral code to follow. Instead of right and wrong, Buddhists think more in terms of "skillful" and "unskillful." If an action, word or thought has a beneficial effect, then it is skillful and worth cultivating. This, of course, means long-term as well as short-term and includes compassion for yourself and others.

There is no god. The Buddha was just a man who thought deeply about these things and began to look at life in a certain way that is called "enlightenment." I find that Buddhism has many similarities to the teachings in Jesus sermons, without the emphasis on God.

I have recently started going to group meditation with the sangha (congregation) and learning tai chi with them. To anyone interested in learning about it, I suggest reading Eight Mindful Steps to Happiness by Bhante G

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I don't have a religion and prolly never will but at the moment I'm exploring Jewish perspectives

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I'm presently attending a Babtist Church but have attended others in the past. Did not formally join any denomination but consider myself a Christian. Various people in churches I have attended have been a real blessing to me, and hopefully I to them.

Outaservice

• donny
    donny

I am agnostic. When I left the Witnesses, I applied the same reasoning and critique of anything else I was considering and it has led me to agnosticism.

Donny

• poppers
    poppers

No religion, no faith, no perspective, no belief, no identity, no follower of anyone or anything.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Atheist intellectually, Pantheist emotionally. I worship the Cosmos.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'm a Fundamentalist Roccoist. I worship the Great bird God ROCCO!

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit