My Assignment For Ray Franz

by sacolton 62 Replies latest jw friends

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

sacolton, very nice of you!!!

In regards to your wife, didn't you give her a birthday party or something? It was something with presents that JWs are not suppose to celebrate. I thought she was left the JWs and was happily out with you. Her lost!

• outofservice
    outofservice

Maybe after your shopping trip you could let us know what size she wears. I would like to maybe send her a nice gown or robe or something like that . Since money is not an option and she can't go out to shop. I know this is a lot to ask sorry, my husband would go mad with this request but I would really appreciate it if you could.

Thanks

• sacolton
    sacolton

I'll see what I can find out about her clothes size.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Ed Dunlap was never a Governing Body member but was a Kingdom Ministry School Instructor among other things in his many years at Headquarters. Wrote some good articles too.

Outaservice

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I was going to ask you the same thing. I'd really like to send her something. My mother was in a nursing home for the last 2 1/2 months of her life and I know how little attention those people get. If they don't have family looking after them they are just neglected.

This is a great thread. Very positive and it gives us something concrete to do for those that have been the most severely abused byt the WTBTS.

• verystupid77
    verystupid77

Thanks so much for what you are doing. I will send her a card at least. It just breaks my heart that someone like her who gave her life to this religion could wind up with no one truly there for her. This is such a sad religion. Thanks for letting us know about her.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Anything received in the mail this week will be given to Betty on Saturday, July 18th.

• Heaven
    Heaven

sacolton... you are truly a wonderful person! Thank you so much for looking out for Betty Dunlap.

To me, what you are doing for her is truly what God means about 'works'. I am very interested to know what Betty's interests are. I am in agreement with outofservice in that if we can't send her money, is there something else we could send her besides a card? I always love receiving parcels in the mail! Does she like to read, are there any magazines she would like to look at, does she do any sorts of puzzles (like crosswords, etc),? We could make sure that her name is printed on the item we send as well.

If you could find out for us that would be wonderful.

• sacolton
    sacolton

I would be more than happy to find out what she likes and share with everyone.

• snowbird
    snowbird

You can bet I'm bookmarking this here baby!

Thanks, SAC.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit