My Assignment For Ray Franz

by sacolton 62 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

SACOLTON- Thanks for all that you are doing for Betty Dunlap. Very kind and loving. Thanks for posting your address. It would be great if she gets lots of cards from many here on the board ! Good proactive thread ! Keep up the great work bro. Hope you are doing O.K. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Peter Gregerson provided Ray with a place to stay and work. When Ray had a meal with his landlord/boss/and friend WT$ scum used the new "light" to accuss him of associating with an disassociated member who was to be viewed as disfellowshipped according to a future WT rag which "JW"s recieved a month or so prior to it's placement date. IMO Goober Body knew of his association and to remove him from the WT$ they passes the new BS light to it's members to not associate with any disassociated members and put them on the same level as disfellowshipped. Peter disassociated himself because at the time he knew they would DF him for his views on certain beliefs and DAs was a better choice since at the time of his DA letter he would still be allowed to talk to his family and friends within WT$ but soon after WT$ changed that arangement and most likely it was to push Ray into a corner or to push him out of their circle of control.

• cawshun
    cawshun

SACOLTON, You and your wife are getting a divorce? She must be crazy to choose the WT over a kind hearted man like you. How nice to hear of your kindness to Betty Dunlap. Thank You!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Read my e-mail please Sacolton

• restrangled
    restrangled

Scalton, Bless your heart for taking care of her....

r.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    SACOLTON, You and your wife are getting a divorce? She must be crazy to choose the WT over a kind hearted man like you.

Um, did I miss something? Where did he say that?

• sacolton
    sacolton

Yes, my wife and I are divorcing. She is no longer "in love" with me. This is because when I disassociated, she lost all respect for me and the Society doesn't encourage mixed faith - plus the fact that I was labelled "apostate", "spawn of Satan" and "enemy of God". Who would want to be married to someone like that? She recently disassociated to prevent a Judical Committee on the grounds of having an affair.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I'm so sorry, I must have missed that.

• cattails
    cattails

From Ray Franz's books this is what I remember about him. He wasn't one of the Governing Body members, but rathar,

Ed Dunlap was in charge of the Gilead School for many years. He also was into writing for the Society. Like the Choosing book

and the Commentary on James. He gave classes to Gileadites and IIRC the letter of Romans was his specialty. Nathan Knorr didn't

seem to like him much, Ed had a problem with a nerve in his face and forehead that contracted and twitched considered very painful

and debilitating when it would flare up and Knorr thought it was a fake illness and took him off from assignments and put in in

the boundary moving boxes around which only made the problem worse. He suffered a lot. Then he was able to get medical help

no thanks to the Society and an operation where they go deep and deaden the nerve, this worked and he was able to work back

to getting his teaching and writing assignment reinstated. Ed had been having doubts about the two class system and

about where the Great Crowd was according to Revelation. The Society did a witch-hunt and kicked him and his wife out

of Bethel and disfellowshipped him as an Apostate because Ed disagreed with current WT doctrine on these points.

The article on Wikipedia about Ray Franz used to have info on Ed's experience. Also there's a recording of him giving

his experience on tape and the link is provided at an archived thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/162072/1/Ed-Dunlap-Describes-His-Experience-In-The-1980-Bethel-Purge-2-Part-Audio

• sacolton
    sacolton

Received a nice e-mail from Ray:

Dear Shawn,

Thank you very much for the good news and the kind service you rendered. I’m happy to know her living conditions are pleasant and I’m aure your visit brought much pleasure to Dorothy Elizabeth.

Your suggestion as to assisting her obtain some garments sounds to be a good one and it would be kind of your wife to help her in this. From our association with her at the Bethel headquarters, I would say that her interest will be not so much as to quantity but of quality. Though she and Ed had little in the way of finances, she made use of sales to obtain an occasional garment from Macy’s or similar store.

As to transferring the funds, in accord with our phone conversation I will send you a postal money order by regular mail. Any copies of store receipts you provide will be sent to the donor, Jacques Meert in Madeira. And if a photo of her (perhaps with one of her purchases) should be available I will sent that to him as well.

My thanks again for your kind help in this matter. Please give Dorothy Elizabeth our warm regards when you are with her. We regret that distance prevents us from visiting her.

Best wishes,

Ray

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit