My Assignment For Ray Franz

by sacolton 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Poztate
    Poztate
    It was the dinner that Ray had with Ed that got him disfellowshipped.

I believe it was the dinner with Peter Gregerson that got him DF'ed. Was that not in the COC book..??

• C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

That’s cool sacolton. I want to go on a Ray assignment! The only thing I would differently is wear a dark suit and sunglasses. And if anybody asked I would say “I’m on a mission from Ray”.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzOHq5WbQ8k

• sacolton
    sacolton

I'm not exactly clear on what role Ed had with Ray Franz. I'm gonna have to re-read my book.

• awildflower
    awildflower

Hey Sacolton, if you need help taking her shopping or whatever, I'm in Moore and would be glad to help. The thing I love about this, is that someone had a need, someone else was called to help and others care! That's the way it should be right? Well my friend, who is still an active JW has tried for three weeks to get the elders in his hall to make an announcement about an elderly brother who has been temporarily put in a nursing home for some therapy. When he asked why they haven't made the announcement, they told him "there's an order to everything and we can't just do that". What! According to the Bible that they read, there is no "law" against the fruitage of the spirit, but leave it to these guys to make one against unconditional love! Unbelievable. So keep the love flowing friends!...........wf

• Quandry
    Quandry

I am so glad you paid her a visit. And how wonderful that you will take her to get some needed things done. I'll bet she doesn't have children to care for her since she gave so many years to the WTS.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Great Sacolton See what prayer does.?

I felt I could trust you ....Thank you for stepping up to the plate

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))

Give her all our LOVE!!!!

• sacolton
    sacolton

She has no immediate family. No relatives in this area. No friends to call on. She never leaves the nursing home. Awildflower, send me your contact information and I may take you on your request since I don't think I would be of much help with shopping for woman's clothing. As soon as I hear back from Ray, I plan to take Betty to Wal-Mart for a shopping spree.

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

Just beautiful to read this thread sacolton!

She has no immediate family. No relatives in this area. No friends to call on. She never leaves the nursing home.

Well that is sad but well done for making yourself available to assist her!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

That is very cool, sacolton.

Thank you.

Chris

• dinah
    dinah

Sacolton.

Ed Dunlap was one of the Governing Body members who had studied the bible independently with Ray. He and Ray were disfellowshipped around the same time. Both had strong doubts about how things were operated. Both had a crisis of conscience.

It was Peter Gregerson who gave Ray a place to live and a job when he was booted from Bethel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit