My Assignment For Ray Franz

by sacolton 62 Replies latest jw friends

• sacolton
    sacolton

Today I met the widow of Ed Dunlap, who was of the Watchtower writing committee and a great thinker. He found that the Watchtower was not in harmony with the scriptures, so they disfellowshipped him. When Ray Franz was disfellowshipped, it was Ed who took him in and gave Ray a job and a place to stay. Ed died in 1999, but his wife, Dorothy Dunlap still resides here in Oklahoma City. Ray asked if I could check on her to see how she is doing and if there was anything she needed.

I arrived at the nursing home just in time to visit Dorothy ("Betty") Dunlap as she was about to have lunch. I introduced myself and explained the reasons for my visit. She was delighted to know that Ray Franz thought so much of her to ask someone to check on her. She is a wonderful lady. She recalls everything about her life in the Watchtower organization. She loved talking about her late husband, Ed. How he knew so much about the Bible and yet very humble and never considered himself of the anointed.

She asked me if I was a Jehovah's Witness. I told her I used to be, but I am disassociated. She was relieved. She asked how I knew Ray Franz and I told her that I never met him personally, but have read his book Crisis of Conscience. When I told her about this support group, she was very happy that ex-JWs have a place to meet for fellowship. She is also happy to learn that the organization is losing members.

I plan to visit Betty again and take her shopping for clothes and maybe get her hair done. I'll see if I can get her permission to post a photo of her.

She wants everyone to know that she is fine and happy that you have left the organization.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

that's lovely , well done, give her greetings and love from Jookbeard and other unknown folks from the UK who have benefited from Ray and Ed's great work!

• yesidid
    yesidid

Hi sacolton,

It was very kind of you to go to see Betty Dunlap. I'm sure she appreciated your
    Christian act of love.

According to Ray's book they sure got a raw deal. Isn't he a kind soul to keep in touch?

y

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

That's cool.

• ninja
    ninja

I thought it was peter gregerson who took franz in and gave him a job

• yesidid
    yesidid
    I thought it was peter gregerson who took franz in and gave him a job

It was!

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

That's wonderful, sacolton. You are a fine man. Keep us updated on how she is doing.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Ah! I stand corrected. It was the dinner that Ray had with Ed that got him disfellowshipped.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Awesome! A younger man willing to help out his elder. Reminds me of Paul and Timothy LOL.

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

Wow very nice. God bless her and you for helping her

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit