My Assignment For Ray Franz

by sacolton 62 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Not long afterward, Franz was seen in a restaurant eating a meal with his benefactor Gregerson. That single sighting provided the technical infraction for which Franz was finally disfellowshipped by the Gadsden leaders two months ago. "By one stroke they eliminated all my years of service," says Franz. "I frankly do not believe there is another organization more insistent on 100% conformity."

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,922767-2,00.html

It was Peter Gregerson that got Ray (and his wife) a job and a place to live. It was Peter that Ray (and his wife) were having dinner with while Peter was disassociated. This straight from Ray's mouth.

• blondie
  • sacolton
    sacolton

If you would like to send "Betty" Dunlap (Dorothy Elizabeth Dunlap) letters, cards or anything:

Shawn Colton

2908 Morgan Trail

Edmond, Oklahoma 73012

I'll make sure she receives it. Unfortunately, she won't be able to write back.

As for sending money, Ray had received a donation of $300 for Betty from her brother in Madeira. Ray was concerned about sending the money directly to the nursing home and didn't trust them. So, he wanted me to ask her in person how she wanted to receive the money, if there was something she needed for her apartment or anything. She said she would like some new clothes. So, if you plan on sending any money, she doesn't have a bank account - only a small purse. She never leaves the nursing home, so she couldn't shop by herself.

Here is a wonderful scripture ...

James 1:27
    Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this:
    to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep
    oneself from being polluted by the world.

God bless you all.

• Mary
    Mary

Thanks for posting this Salcolton. I'll send you a card to pass on to her.

Isn't it sad that after all the decades that she and Ed dedicated to this stinking rotten religion, that NO ONE from the local Kingdumb Halls would ever consider going to visit her?

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM
    Isn't it sad that after all the decades that she and Ed dedicated to this stinking rotten religion, that NO ONE from the local Kingdumb Halls would ever consider going to visit her?

Yeah - the love they show is sure evidence that they are Christ's disciples!

• Earnest
    Earnest

I seem to remember that Ed Dunlap had a brother in Oklahoma City who was city overseer at the time that Ed left Bethel. I think he subsequently disassociated himself because of some of the issues Ed had raised. Is he not still alive?

At the time that Ray Franz and Ed Dunlap left I was working at Bethel in South Africa and I can remember how much respect there was for Ed Dunlap by those who had been to Gilead and the confusion that such a thing could happen.

• blondie
    blondie

If you look at the threads I posted above you will find an account of his brother Marion and how Marion was df'd when he took Ed in. They were wallpaper hangers and put up the wallpaper in Ray and Cynthia's house.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Just spoke with Ray on the phone. He's doing well. His wife Cynthia has heart problems. I asked about Ed's brother in Oklahoma and Ray said that he died sometime ago. He is very pleased to hear that Betty is doing fine. I will send him some photos of Betty as soon as we take a trip to the salon and purchase some clothes. Ray is so easy to talk to and he's very precise in his tone. He is always thinking of others.

On behalf of everyone, I told Ray that he and Cynthia are in our prayers. He is very thankful for that.

• screwproof
    screwproof

sacolton said...

As for sending money, Ray had received a donation of $300 for Betty from her brother in Madeira. Ray was concerned about sending the money directly to the nursing home and didn't trust them. So, he wanted me to ask her in person how she wanted to receive the money, if there was something she needed for her apartment or anything. She said she would like some new clothes. So, if you plan on sending any money, she doesn't have a bank account - only a small purse. She never leaves the nursing home, so she couldn't shop by herself.

I have a parent in a nursing home, they are only allowed to have so much money for their own personal use in the account they keep at the nursing home. I have no idea how it is elsewhere but would be a good idea to ask, It could cause Betty problems with the paying of her bills if they are paid by the government. And as far as her keeping it in her own purse, they steal money from the elderly people. My parent has had money stolen from their room on more than one occasion. I now just take them money if I know they is going to the meeting with any of the witnesses so they can go eat with them after the meeting or put money in the contribution box.

sacolton, I think what you are doing for her is so great, if she has no family, she has no visitors and I know that is what they enjoy the most. The elderly person in the room with my parent loves when I come visit because I visit with them as well, most there are very lonely people. The fact that you are willing to take her out shopping shows what a wonderful heart you have and what God is doing through you. Bless you so much. Just please don't forget about her and stop going. I am sure Jehovah will bless you greatly for what you are doing, and all the others who have offered help.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

thanks sacolton,

for the address,

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit