A Salute to the Kids of Dubdom

by Room 215 63 Replies latest jw friends

• NameWithheld2
    NameWithheld2

Paul, that's funny, I had the same things happen to me. I think the poor teachers were just trying to include me in on something so I wouldn't be left out. And to my little child brain it made perfect sense, I mean what's really wrong with coloring a tree (for instance)? Of course, we know the answer is 'nothing' but I usually got reamed for those 'infractions' anyway ...

Ah the wonderful childhood memories of dub-dom.

• California Sunshine
    California Sunshine

Ah Yes, I remember well sitting in the office while everyone else was opening the presents they had exchanged names for. Then they would have cake or other goodies their mothers had prepared. My Mother had explained to me how I was no part of this world and couldn't be a part of this "terrible" pagan celebration. I didn't really understand all of the reasons why, but I did it to please my Mom.

Although this doesn't have anything to do with the holidays, it brings to my mind another time of such humiliation in my life that I wanted to die. I was 13 years old. I had been picked to be one of the commencement speakers at my 8th grade graduation. This was just before they started having Jr Highs. (yes, I'm old) I guess I had forgotten that the cerimony (?) started out with the FLAG SALUTE.
    So there I was, standing on the stage. Hands at my sides, with everyone in the auditorium staring at me like I was a freak (everyone except my Mom, of course, who I'm sure thought I was wonderful).
    I was called a communist, a traitor to my country by my piers. Some didn't say anything....they just stared in disbelief. It was awful.

I was a kid. What choice did I have? I had to live with my Mom. I guess I chose what I thought to be (for want of better words) the lesser of two evils.

So the Dub kids will always have a special place in my heart.

Because I was one once.

Sunny........thanks for listening

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey yo-yo,do you know how many people on this board were raised from kids in your pathetic religion?A lot including me.Do you really want to tell us what its like to be a witness kid you moron.You don`t know JACK SHIT and thats the truth.Your best to pretend you know,with people who don`t,their the only ones your going to fool with your sorry bullshit...OUTLAW

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama
    do you know how many people on this board were raised from kids in your pathetic religion

No, how many?

Do you really want to tell us what its like to be a witness kid you moron
    I grew up in the truth. I actually grew up in a country were the Witnesses were banned. I remember two teachers beating me with a stick in the back of my knees to make me kneel before the Virgin Mary in school.

Hey everyone I realize it is not easy growing up a Witness kid, but Jesus said that we would be different from the world. I never had a problem explaining why I didn't celebrate christmas. Did some make fun of me? Yes, but who cares. Some also made fun of the Kmart clothes that I wore because my parents could not afford nothing better. So what? Kids are kids. I think parents can help their children by going to speak to their teachers ahead of time and explaining our beliefs. That will take some of the pressure off their child.

• NameWithheld2
    NameWithheld2

Maybe if your parents had quit taking so much time spending their money and time selling books for the WTBTS they could have gotton an education and a better job so that they could put better clothes on your back. BTW, what country has K-Marts but bans JWs? Better come up with a better story than that!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey yo-yo ,that dosen`t sound like your previous post where the jw kids dont have much of a problem.You seem to be able to change your tune at will.Must be Theocratic Warefare Strategy eh!...OUTLAW

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

You talk without knowing the whole story. My family emmigrated to the US when I was 12, so we had Kmarts here. My father did all he could to sustain and provide for all of us. We were 7 in total.

they could have gotton an education and a better job
    My father came into the truth in his forties. Unfortunately he did not have the opportunites that we have here in the US. He quit school to find work and help feed his family. So your statement here is total ignorance on your part.
  • RunningMan
    RunningMan

I will agree with Yoyo on one point:

Standing up for what you believe is the right thing to do. The world
    would be a better place if more people would do it.

My problem with the JW stand on Christmas is that their stand is
    based on a dumb-ass superstitious avoidance of anything they consider
    pagan. It's like putting your life on the line for colored toilet paper. It
    is stupid, and uncaring especially for children.

Standing up for what you believe is the right thing to do. I am hereby
    standing up for the downtrodden children of JW's.

• NameWithheld2
    NameWithheld2

Yes, I do talk without knowing the whole story - of course, because you've never told it. I still say, if times were so tough, things would have/could have been better had not your parents resources (time and money) been pored into the black whole that is the WTBTS. For example, maybe night school instead of meetings? I'm not trying to say what he should have done, but just saying what he could have done had he not been shackled by the parasite of the WTBTS. If your family came to the US you know better than most how true it is that this is 'the land of opportunity'. You have the drive and intelligence here and you CAN have a decent life.

• Andee
    Andee

((((((((((Sunny)))))))))))

I had no idea

Lilacs,

Thanks

Andee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit