A Salute to the Kids of Dubdom

by Room 215 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hi all,

As the unfortunate school-age children of JWs worldwide, or at least in Christendom, face up to two of what must certainly be the most dreaded days of the school year -- today and Monday, I don't think it would be remiss to do pay them tribute -- the honor of a brief recognition of some sort, say by the raising of a glass, a prayer, a couple moments' reflection, whatever.

I refer to all those of the trembling knees, quivering lips, moistened eyes and hollow feelings in the pits of their little tummies as they loyally face up to the humiliation of standing aside from the masses of Christmas celebrants among their school friends.

How they must agonize over dealing with the incessant questions of their mates about ``what are you going to do this Christmas," ``what did Santa bring you?'' -- not to mention listening to the spirited banter of their school friends recounting how much fun they had and what they found under tree Christmas morning, etc. etc.

What touches me most about this is that most of these youngsters endure such embarassment not because they fully comprehend the principles underlying the JW anti-holiday policies, but because of their unconditional love for their parents, who urge them to their resolute stand against the tiniest compromise.

All this while the very JW leaders their parents all but venerate and follow uncrtically shamelessly walk hand-in-hand with Satan's ``image to the Wild Beast'' in a bid to appear more ``mainstream'' and ``less radical'' before the eyes of increasingly skeptical elements in the government of Western Europe.

I submit that it's these young ones, the ``least among them'' that merit our greatest admiration; their example of guileless courage and unconditional love ought to shame their duplicitous leaders, if that were possible.

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama
    face up to two of what must certainly be the most dreaded days of the school year -- today and Monday,

Actually in the US most kids are on their two week winter vacations. So no problem for Witness kids.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Go away yoyohead, your thread crapping is not apreciated here.

Thanks for the memories R215, it is easy to forget about the horrors of public school for the JW kid. Especially the really young ones who haven't a clue why they can't have a present and join in the fun the other kids are having beyond "We don't beleive in that".

<tips hat to JW kids>

• Latte
    Latte

Room215,

A most worthy post indeed.

I think that the people responsible for putting these little ones through this..........are none other than the miserable guys in Crooklyn, who I'm certain have no children themselves.

Latte

• mommy
    mommy

I remember going to the library when they had their parties, talk about feeling like an outcast. Seeing all the candy and treats when I came back in was the most horrible feeling ever in my small little world. The only comfort I had was that there was a jewish boy that would join us during the christmas party. I didn't feel so bad with him there.

I have to go to a doctors visit this afternoon, so I will be picking up the kids early, Miranda will miss her party, and she cried real tears when she found out. I feel like such a heel, but I have no other choice. I cried with her when she said she would miss her party, I know that feeling all to well.

As a side note, lol Timmy had his party yesterday. When he came home he dumped out his treats for Miranda and I to share with him. We made a game of who would pick the next treat, by answering math questions. The joy on his face to be able to share, and hear him repeating over and over again, "Christmas is for families, and sharing with others" It was truly a wonderful place to be.

Merry Christmas All
    wendy

When I leave, you will know I have been here

• sf
    sf

Thanks Room215 for posting.

Wonder if Ray thinks much about those kids and what he could actively do for them as he ages.

We all age. Age shouldn't keep us "down and out" from helping these trapped kids. If this ROT is standing by the time I'm his age...I will still be on the battle lines. Shouting to everyone the corruption of this "religion" and how many kids are hurt from and by "It".

Thanks again for this post.

sKally
    sKally

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

The children who faithfully obey their parents under duress, peer-pressure and intimidation are certainly HEROES in my book! These kids have GUTS.

It takes guts to endure the ridicule and gossip and loneliness. If I could save them all I would right now, this very minute. They put all their trust in their parents and believe it will be alright, and then have to endure the load binding at the meetings and prejudiced judgmentalism.

The kids are great and I admire them!

AVE FILII ET FILIAE, TE SALUTAMUS PRO SEMPER!

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Yoyo, you are a complete moron. I grew up as a Witness kid, and
    unfortunately, my kids are growing up as (partial) Witness kids. The
    two week vacation is insignificant.

Christmas parties, concerts, pageants, gift exchanges, decorating,
    and cards have been going on for a couple of weeks. After returning
    to school, then the questions center around what everyone got.

It is the toughest time of the year to be a JW kid.

• uncle jimbo
    uncle jimbo
    Actually in the US most kids are on their two week winter vacations. So no problem for Witness kids.

It's still bad. Especially the dreaded end-of the year party. I remember the three days of school I always stayed home "sick" for: Halloween, day before christmas break, Valentine's Day.

also, I always hated the birthday parties.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Just another point....

I also deeply sympathize for those children forced to explain their beliefs. Imagine how they have to particpate in meetings, family studies (if the parents are bible-nazi's) and then have to remember the material and publicly repeat it in their own words to other kids and teachers.

It is tough to say the least. Imagine what goes on in their little minds, whether they really believe the explanations or not, and have to go on because it's their family and their life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit