• snowbird
    snowbird

Keeping on the watch!

LOL.

Wonderful news!

Sylvia

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

Outlaw just wondering how Dante's recovery is going?

Hopscotch

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Japster/Sylvia/HopScotch..

The dog is doing good..The DR. said not to expect him to get around too well..

He would`nt eat his food the Dr. sent ,so I started cooking for him..He gobbled that food right down!..Over the next few days he got a lot stronger..

I let him come out side with me..How far can a dog all stitched up with tubes hanging out of him go?..I turned my back on him for a few minutes and he was gone..I near had a heart attack..LOL!.....I ran up the ranch driveway calling his name..He was off the ranch and wandering down the road to explore!!.....Dam Dog!!..LOL!!..

I think I can safely say,the dog is going to make it..

....................................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It's nice to hear he is doing so well.

Cheers

Chris

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

Great news OUTLAW. Though I must say Dante has an interesting way of showing his gratitude - almost giving his master, who has just spend thousands of dollars getting him fixed, a heart attack! As you said, it looks like it's safe to say the dog is going to make it. Now you just have to make sure you do...LOL

Hopscotch

• Heaven
    Heaven

OUTLAW... I'm so glad to hear/read Dante is "off the ranch and wandering down the road to explore". This is an excellent sign he is doing well. Just kinda wished he'd wait 'til the tubes are gone. Can you post a picture of him? We'd love to see it!

• cawshun
    cawshun

OutLaw, so happy to hear your dog recovered, it was so sad reading what happened to him. How good of you to get him some help, some would let the dog die. Your a good man and I'm sure your kids will be happy you saved his life. I don't know how you held it together seeing your dog all chewed up but you did and he's still here because you acted fast and stayed calm. A nice ending to a sad stroy.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I just saw this! Sorry to hear about your dog, but happy to see its turning out good....

• Vinny
    Vinny

Wow, I just read this one. Glad to hear it worked out okay Outlaw. You did the right thing, IMO. Post a photo of your boy for us when you have a sec. So we can put a face with the story. Unless you are fading of course.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Black Sheep..Thanks,hes doing much better..

Hop Scotch..I was surprised,he`s supposed to be too weak to move..LOL!!

Cawshun..It took me an hour and a half to get him to civilization..I had the vet hospital opened especially for him..

It`s usually closed sundays.That alone cost a fair bit of cash..

Yes my kids are happy..He was a fathers day gift..

ATJ..Thanks Bud..It`s been a roller coaster ride..3 operations..A doggy blood transfusion..The list go`s on..

Vinny..Thanks..The dog had a blood transfusion..He doen`t want his pic posted..He knows a JC meeting will not be far behind..LOL!!..

Thanks to everyone for your kind words and support..

Over the last week I have been cleaning the wounds...Given flushing injections..Administered medication and cooked all the food he likes to eat..

Today I had the drain apperatus(The tubes) removed,by a Vet.....He though I did a pretty good job,nursing my dog back from deaths door..

I`m just gratefull he`s still alive..

Tommorow I head for the coast..There`s a family birthday party..Everyone wants to see the dog..I`m sure he will be spoiled..

............................LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit