...A Doggie Day in Hell...

by OUTLAW 144 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Ever have one of those days..When you go outside,and part of your dogs throat has been ripped out?..

That was the begining of my day..

I have no idea what attacked him..Whatever it was,was F*cking Vicious!!..There was a 2 inch hole of missing fur and skin on his neck.....And a severed artery......Also a 2 inch hole of missing fur and skin on his leg.....And..Another severed artery.....There was blood everywhere..

The nearest vet is 1 1/2 hours away..I Phoned in and told the doctor to be ready for me..

I tied the dogs wounds up with tee-shirts to try to minimilize the bleeding..Then put a 100 lb bleeding dog,in the back of the truck..........Poor dog tried to stand up in the truck..His neck started to gush with blood..I got him to lie down..The bleeding slowed.....I jumped in the truck and drove..That was one long hour and a half..

The doctor came out..Looked at the dog,ran back in and brought out a stretcher..It took three of us to bring him in so he would`nt move around..That dog has spunk!..LOL!!

The doctor said he had a few more minutes to live,if I had`nt got`n him there in time..He lost too much blood..

2 hours and $1000.00 plus later..The dog had been sewn up and on 2 IV`s..Would he wake up?..Many dogs would not..He opened his eyes and looked at me..A good sign,but he still has to live through the night......................When a dog loses that much blood they suffer kidney failer..Hopefully his kidneys kick in some time soon,or he will die from kidney failer........

If he lives through the night and dosent die of kidney failer..He will have an operation tomorrow..................He will need a Doggie Blood Transfusion..No I`m not kidding..LOL!!.........The doctor says he needs my permission..I told him to do it.......He says "not much point if the kidneys don`t kick in."..The dog will die anyway..........

So..If my dog dies tonight..I lose the money I spent on him............If he lives but his kidneys don`t kick in..I lose the money I spent on him.....................If my dog lives and his kidneys are functioning,he can have his operation tomorrow..And..It will cost me $1000.00 plus tomorrow..LOL!!...........................

Hopefully he lives...........

.......................................OUTLAW

• musky
    musky

That is one lucky dog. I mean to have an owner who cares so much for him. Good luck with your situation.

• kzjw
    kzjw

Outlaw...My heart goes out to you & your dog...keep your head up, I'll pray..

Marc

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

So sorry to hear this Outlaw. So very sorry.

Cameo

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Musky..Thanks..It`s been a Hellish Day..I`ve had him from a Pup..He was a fathers day gift from my kids..

Kzjw..Thanks..I`ll take all the prayers and good vibes I can get right now..

......................OUTLAW

• Lease
    Lease

outlaw,

you are doing your best, and your dog appreciates it.

let us know what happens.

fellow animal caregiver,

lease

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

cameo-d..Thanks.....I`m still in shock......Living in the wilderness can be very cool..........Then you have days like this....

......................OUTLAW

• Satanus
    Satanus

Hope he makes it.

S

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Hope he makes it though the night.

• megs
    megs

Oh no :( Poor thing... I hope he gets through the night...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit