Aspects of the Gifts of theHoly Spirit?

by Rocky_Girl 72 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Spike...while I agree with some of your post here one statment stands out as completely unbiblical:

and there ought to be an allegiance to the spiritual organization (a.k.a. body) which Jesus Christ heads

Body- yes. There is no organization run by a centralized authority made up of men on earth that makes up this body. Allegiance to an org is not a requirement here. The sooner you realize that the soon you can break away and stop begging the cult that vomited you out to take you back.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Whoever drinks that Water will never again thirst.

I agree, top drink :)

Ephesians 5:18 (New International Version)

18 Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit.

These verses are great too :)

John 7:38-39 (New International Version)

38 Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him." 39 By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.

All the best, Stephen

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

to Isaac:— Why would I want to break away from the only hope of everlasting life? I do not dare. I do NOT attend cult meetings, though my previous religious experience DID PROVE to be cultic. I renounced the cult I had to, in writing; no vomit was involved.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Spike said:

to Isaac:— Why would I want to break away from the only hope of everlasting life? I do not dare. I do NOT attend cult meetings, though my previous religious experience DID PROVE to be cultic. I renounced the cult I had to, in writing; no vomit was involved.

My reply:

The WT CLAIMS to be the only way to everlasting life- this claim being a sign of being a cult. You dare not? You are afraid to examine and face the facts that the JWs are not the true relgion they claim to be but simply followers of man....who portray themselves as something great but are simply as the old geezers who played the witch in the Wizard of Oz. Once revelaed, they are nothing. Perhaps your rpevious relgious experience was cultic. Your current is no better.

• CHILD
    CHILD

Spike, what is (or who is) the only hope of everlasting life?

Do you believe in the bible? Jesus says he is the truth, the way and the life. There is no other way to the Father except through him. The WTS tries to take the place of Jesus. You do not have to be a part of the organization to have everlasting life.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

to Isaac:— true religion is having a right relationship to Jehovah, to Jesus Christ, our neighbours, and the issues that come up.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

agreed Spike. The true religion is Christianity itself- regardless of what denomination a person belongs to. Not all persons of any particular denomination are true Christians...that will be determined at the end.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

True Christianity has no denominations to it.

• wobble
    wobble

I agree with your view of true Christianity Spike,no denominations,but do you believe what the Bible says about idolatry? is not putting something,or somebody in place of Jesus idolatry ? pure and simple?

Then flee from idolising the GB/FDS and WT !

Once free,then" Aspects of the Holy Spirit" can become your posession. (me pretending to get back on thread, I mean it though)

Love

Wobble

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

And denomination, including the JW denomination, will not save you nor does it make you a Christian. It is your relationship with Jesus. A person is saved not because of his being a Baptist, JW, presbyterian, etc...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit