Aspects of the Gifts of theHoly Spirit?

by Rocky_Girl 72 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• donuthole
    donuthole

The JW's also have the idea that you can "work on" these qualities. I guess that is true enough -- but they are the natural product of a person that has the new nature and indwelling of the spirit. Of course to accept that would mean that JW's would have to accept that all Witnesses could have the Holy Spirit which would be a slippery slope blowing a hole in their two class caste system.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

actually all can have the holy spirit, but only the anointed are baptised in it

love can certainly manifest itself by casting out individuals from a congregation, even literally, as Jesus proved twice at the Temple

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

all Christians are annointed with the Holy Spirit. There is no such thing as an unannointed Christian. Read Romans 8 in its entirety. There is no limit to those who are annointed with it.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

anointed with holy spirit means to be baptised in it, and one's hope is changed to heavenly at that time

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

correct, heavenly- referring to the source- Heaven was simply a Jewish term for God. The kingdom of Heaven, or Kingdom of God will be here on earth. There is no class of Christians who will be in Heaven ruling upon another class of Chrisitans on earth. All Christians are baptized in it. You fit one of the groups mentioned at Rom 8 or the other- either you have the Spirit of Chirst or you do not, life or death. There are no vassals of a group of Chiristians who get saved by their association and following the orders of this group. That boy is a WT fable at its finest.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

I have no hope to be a king-priest during the Millennium, but 144,000 DO, as the Scriptures point out.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I am sorry you have no hope then spike.

The scripture assuredly do not say that the 144,000 will rule as kings and priests. If they do please show me specifically where.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

[Spike Tassel] is NOT one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Therefore, I am not authorised to comment on how the scriptures fit together to prove this point. You will have to ask "one of Jehovah's Witnesses", or consult their WT CD for their explanation.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

in other words, you can't, you are unable...because such a Scripture does not exist. LOL You have had no problem trying to prove other points scripturally...but when backed into a corner for a specific verse you cop out. Very telling boy.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

in other words, you can't, you are unable...because such a Scripture does not exist. LOL You have had no problem trying to prove other points scripturally...but when backed into a corner for a specific verse you cop out. Very telling boy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit