Aspects of the Gifts of theHoly Spirit?

by Rocky_Girl 72 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

Ok, I read this on another thread that the new belief is that the when the bible says:

Galatians 5: 22 On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, 23 mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law. (NWT)

that it does not 'mean' the fruitage of the spirit, but 'aspects' of the fruitage of the Holy Spirit. What is the reasoning behind this?

• awildflower
    awildflower

I just read that to and was wondering the same thing. The Bible says it clearly, what is the wt trying to say?....wf

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

Who cares what the WT teach?! They are clearly liars and speak their native language.

The fruit of the Spirit comes from the renewal of having the Holy Spirit living inside the born gain believer. Read you bibles :)

No Spirit, no fruit, no hope :(

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

All the best,

Stephen

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

I understand that Stephen. I have moved on, but my parents are still in so it is interesting to me what new 'light' they are seing shown. It seemed odd to me and I wanted to know if anyone knew what that meant.

Angie

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

I'm interested in hearing about this, too.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Galatians 5: 22 On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, 23 mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law. (NWT)

that it does not 'mean' the fruitage of the spirit, but 'aspects' of the fruitage of the Holy Spirit. What is the reasoning behind this?

I think what they are trying to say is that you can be a good person and have all of those qualities and still not qualify to survive Armageddon or live in paradise because you are not a jehovah's Witness!

According to WT, the aspects listed are the physical manifestations....any one can be good.

But you can't have the fruit of the spirit unless WT gives it to you.

The elders will determine if you have it, and if you have the potential to have it.

The elders will confirm your holy spirit by allowing you to be baptised.

And they will also let you know when the spirit has left you should you give them cause for concern or displease them with disobedience.

They have been given the authority to decide and discern who has it. Only a Jehovah's witness in good standing will have the fruit of the spirit.

• awildflower
    awildflower

I think cameo is dead on...........wf

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

That sounds like JW. Thanks for clarifying, cameo-d.

What a bunch of malarkey!

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Actually the 2008 convention regarding the holy spirit mentions that it's "aspects of the holy spirit", not "fruits of the holy spirit". Like a bank note, one can tell if the holy spirit is in operation only if all the 9 aspects of it are there. If one or more of the aspects (such as self-control) are missing or are faked, then one knows that the holy spirit is lacking.

• wobble
    wobble

They used to talk of "Fruits" of the Spirit, or " Fruitage" , missing the thought clear in the Greek that it is a single fruit in Pauls metaphor,so they are in fact getting closer to understanding these verses, and truly if one of the qualities is missing the Holy spirit is not in the person.

Of course as Paul says elsewhere,the chief quality is Love, found lacking in the WTB$/JW's when you look at their unscriptural shunning policies.

Love

Wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit