Aspects of the Gifts of theHoly Spirit?

by Rocky_Girl 72 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• androb31
    androb31

"Spike, I will pray the Lord remove the scales of deception from your eyes."

I'm with isaacaustin on this. I pray the Lord reveals Himself to you Spike.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

No further scriptural discussions from me. I do not want to be fighting against Jehovah, the Creator of all, including of the one who made himself into the one Jehovah then has called Satan.

• White Dove
    White Dove

One water baptism is supposed cover three parts: Father, Son, Holy Spirit. With that one baptism, you cover all the bases.

Baptism in fire is only metaphorical and means that now that you've REALLY stepped in it, you are going to have to struggle to come out successful on the other side.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

My study of the scriptures shows me differently. To each of us is given what we each can bear according to what our individual spirit is able to take. My cup already overflows.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Gifts of the HS are different than a baptism in it. Or are you talking about speaking in tongues and laying on of hands? From whose perspective are you speaking?

• caliber
    caliber
    Acts 2:38-39 (New International Version) ( Good scripture to bring out)

Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call."

Witness would like to tell you that at this time (writing of Acts )

all were anointed by Holy Spirit but not now... yet the scriptures says ..... for you and ALL far off. ... sounds all inclusive to me

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Acts 2:38-39 is about the "gift of the Holy Spirit"

Like White Dove said, "baptism in (the) Holy Spirit" is found in a different scripture.

• caliber
    caliber

Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call."

Clearly this scripture speaks of water baptism and holy spirit in the same sentence... does it not ? There appears to be hair splitting

happening here .

5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; The bible says there's one baptism

one water baptism and one spirit baptism equals two ...would it not ?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

no, there are several baptisms all told. There's baptism by fire, baptism in the holy spirit, baptism in water, and baptism of dishes/bowls, and perhaps more even

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

the one baptism is referring to the one which all Christians must have, but there are these others which I've mentioned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit