If god was Almighty than he would of known that Adam and Eve and....Satan... and demons....would sin before he even created anything.

by dutchstef 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

YIZ -

God is not susceptible to guns, knives, or beating up.

These are all things that can and do seriously harm and kill innocent people every day when they make personal efforts to stop drug dealers and other criminals in their own streets. That is why most of us pay taxes to finance the police and army to protect us.

That God deliberately designed beings that would become so hideously defective if they ate a piece of fruit-

Try designing an aircraft. If the Aviation Authority saw how many people would be killed in it because of a knowingly incorporated design feature, do you think it would be permitted to fly?. If its wings fell off in flight killing all on board, who would be in court, the passengers or the designer?

I am UTTERLY sick of the apologists for the sociopath in the sky saying "God does <insert relevant atrocity> because HE CAN - he is God 'member?"

For all I know God could right now be licking his wiener because he can. Unlike with my dog, I can't make him stop.

HB

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

If I (or someone hijacks) operate my computer in a way that users were specifically told not to, and then it crashes, what of it? That's more the issue we're facing. All creation has its limits, even Jesus. After all, Jesus died, right? And it wasn't because he himself violated Jehovah's instructions either. It's because anyone hung on a stake as Jesus was will naturally die because of the trauma and lack of food, etc. The fact that "God took him", as he did Enoch, doesn't negate these principles of design limitations.

• lezleesm
    lezleesm

Finally Free says a death sentence for eating a piece of fruit is a poor example of punishment fitting a crime. Extending this sentence to all offspring is not something that you could call divine justice. It seems more demonic to me.

Actually, Adam died because he was thrown out of Eden and hence he could not sustain his life. God did not kill Adam. God had told Adam precisely what was expected of him and what would befall him if he acted to the contrary. Adam chose to act contrary. It was not as if God cheated Adam. Eating a piece of fruit or not, Adam knew what he was getting into.

As per extending the sentence to all offspring... Adam is a product and his offspring are the byproducts and hence if the source is corrupted, naturally the byproducts get the same disease. God did not have to extend the punishment. Adam brought it upon all. God is only intending to save everyone despite the fact that it was Adam who broke the rules of engagement

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Only God can answer, but He won't (because He is so wicked that He made us with the desire to explore, and then denied this, and He made the angels with desires to explore and then condemned some of them for exercising that desire).

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Jehovah's word answers things quite well in Romans chapter 5. At least I think so.

• shamus100
    shamus100

If you know your child will steal from the cookie jar, you are not responsible for his deed.

Of course God knew. But should he take away their free will to choose?

If I can jump in here,

God did a lousy job giving humans free will - because Adam and Eve were not perfect. They used free will to do something imperfect - something that should be impossible. They should have been destroyed instantly when they even thought of the tree of knowledge, no? Oh, but wait, he created everything and it was "good".

The design was bad from the start. It's like leaving a two year old alone in theyre room with a cookie jar. We are imperfect, because that's the way that we are. Jehovah is supposed to have made Adam and Eve perfect, so this should never have happened.

Oh well - I guess all this pain and suffering will all be worth it in the new system, where you can farm and clean up shit forever, LOL.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

reading through every post on on 3 pages (and the scriptural references cited) should clear everything up better than all that I would have thought

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Romans five was written in GREEK, and there is absolutely no proof that the word JEHOVAH was ever in any manuscript.

Hence Pauls letter cannot be conclusively accepted as "Jehovah's Word." Especially as we find throughout the letter OT verses which originally referred to YHWH, and Paul then applies to the Lord Jesus Christ.

Yiz - I stated why I do not personally take a baseball bat to stop the drug dealers, and you didn't give a satisfying response.

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Spike -

If the computer you caused to crash is an inflight computer, and 300 passengers then died, the computer manufacturers and programmers could well face charges and end up in court.

The whole Adam and Eve myth is a believers justification for the disgusting events depicted in the Bible, and by extension the suffering and eventual annihilation of BILLIONS. I don't think your trite "electrical goods" illustration works here.

And please don't use the "God can do it because he is God" argument, I already talked about that.

HB

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

As I recall from the J W days, they taught that God has the power to know all things in advance, and he sometimes does, as the Scriptures tell. But just because he has the power to do so does not mean that he always does it.

So although being all powerful and all knowing, he can chose not to know, and let us sort it out for ourselves - if he so wishes..

Sort that out - I never could !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit