If god was Almighty than he would of known that Adam and Eve and....Satan... and demons....would sin before he even created anything.

by dutchstef 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dutchstef
    dutchstef

I posted this a before under an other topis, but i think it's a good question for a new topic!

One of the things I never understout as a young kid was this:

The question I had as a kid was: If god is almighty than he would of known that Adam and Eve and....Satan... and demons....would sin before he even created anything.

My father who was an elder back then could never give me a good answer...

My dad would say something like Because it's was necessary for god to show us and the angels, we can only have a good live if we live it like god wants

And than I would ask him( I was a smart kid):

And why can we not blame god for being unperfect then......because if it's was necesary for god to show to us and the angels that we can only have a good live if we live it like god wants he could of made two "loyal"humans and have them some kids and maybe a few generations later have some unfaithful humans to show us.....we need god. In that way we would not be unperfect and get sick and die.....

Still don't have the answer....

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

It's silly to create people, give them free will, and assume they won't use it. What's even more silly is punishing them for using the free will he gave them.

Maybe he was just bored and wanted someone to torment.

W

• reniaa
    reniaa

Or maybe another reason but for an answer, you really need to goto the Big guy himself...

Only God can answer this one.

all we can do is speculate.

Reniaa

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

If you drop a stick into a stream, you know it will flow downstream. You are not pushing it along.

If you know your child will steal from the cookie jar, you are not responsible for his deed.

Of course God knew. But should he take away their free will to choose? Build a wall around the tree?

Its all mythological word spinning anyway.

HB

• dutchstef
    dutchstef

Of course God knew. But should he take away their free will to choose?

Ofcourse we have a free will but so does God, and if he knew, he could have made the choice to do things an other way.. and spare his children a lot of problems...

And then another question: If you warn your young child who cant swim not to jump in a swimmingpool and then you see him walking to a swimmigpool. Would you stop him or would you let him drown because it's his choice and you warned him?

Why didn't god stop Adam and Eve than?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

If you want to take the Genesis account literally (at your peril) then here are some great questions as to the parenting styles of YHWH.

If a parent put his inexperienced children out there, without warning them of the drug dealer down the street, AND THE PARENT KNEW THAT THEIR KID WAS IN HARMS WAY, but did nothing, what would we think of that parent?

Why does YHWH get a free pass for punishing his children for (supposedly) listening to a snake he never warned about?

It's child neglect. Sorry, but to get all bent out of shape toward Eve, when she needed some instruction is all (if you want to take it that literally) and then PUNISH ALL MANKIND FOR MILLENIUMS EVER SINCE is cruel, unwarranted, ridiculous. Any parent who would act this way would get ripped, maybe arrested.

Of couse, my point is, its all rather ridiculous. At best, it doesn't show YHWH as worthy of worship. At worst (or best depending on your perspective) it shows that Genesis is one of many books in the bible that should not be taken literally.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

As one who believes in sovereign grace, and the bible. I believe God created Adam and Eve so, that they would sin.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Dep dog, I have no qualms with anyones personal belief, but truthfully, if it is as you opine, then that totally turns me off from ever worshiping your god.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Dep dog, I have no qualms with anyones personal belief, but truthfully, if it is as you opine, then that totally turns me off from ever worshiping your god.

Do you think that should me my problem or God's? I would think that those who are not God's children would have a problem with that.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

God being Almighty refers to him being THE one who was not created. All the might (power) that anyone has derives from us being created BY him, through his Son Jesus Christ. As for Adam and Eve, the issue comes down to appreciation for Jehovah's guidance, which they are demonstrated to have lacked. They obviously believed Satan OVER Jehovah. What had Satan done for Adam and Eve before this? Was Satan responsible for the wonderful paradise which Adam and Eve were in? No!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit