If god was Almighty than he would of known that Adam and Eve and....Satan... and demons....would sin before he even created anything.

by dutchstef 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    Do you think that should me my problem or God's? I would think that those who are not God's children would have a problem with that.

Yes, and to quote a scripture "by their fruits you will recognize them."

All I am saying is that if you really believe this, then at best, we will see. However, a god like this is hateful and not worthy of worship. Sin = death = need "god".

Again, i apologize if I offend you. I guess I am dead in the eyes of your god. That offends me.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

ATJ

... if it is as you opine, then that totally turns me off from ever worshiping your god.

Are you trying to tell me you've been seriously considering it?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Dep Dog

I have my own personal views on "spirituality". Do I think a higher power exists? I leave the door open. It is possible. That however, is a far cry from the certitude that I see in religion today, and even in individual's personal beliefs.

There is no way to be certain on the issue of gods existence, let alone his worthiness for worship, although I would daresay that god is best left to show up and answer the questions of those who use the brain god supposedly gave us as to why I should believe without clear evidence.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

ATJ

Again, i apologize if I offend you. I guess I am dead in the eyes of your god. That offends me.

Don't be offended! I was once dead in the eyes of My God.

• dutchstef
    dutchstef

AllTimeJeff,

Actualy I do not believe in the Adam and Eve story....

It's just a question I had as a young child of wich I never could get a satisfied answer..

I was a bit of a pain in the ass for a lot of elders during my growing up period in the Borg..

Ofcourse I thought it was the truth back then, but I started getting doubts at a verry young age.

When my dad mother or other elders couldn't answer my question they always ended up saying what reniaa is saying "Only God can answer this one" I hate that answer back then and still do it's so dumb!

I even allmost even wasn't allowed to get babtised.

I was 12 yaers old and back then( 1987), you first had to study a book in three times with diferent elders. At the third study I asked the elder why I had to take the ode that I would follow the rules of the WTS and dedicate myself to them( or something like that it's hard to translate it from dutch in english). I asked him if it wasn't enough to dedicate myself to Jehovah.... That elder could not give me a rigth answer and told me that maybe it was beter for me to study a bit more before getting babtised.

The other two elders did not agree and I got babtised anyway( unfortenatly). Looking back This should of been the moment for me that the alarmbells would ring, but I was young and Thought that if the most of the rest is true, this wil probably be right too.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

I think it's a cop out on man's part, blaming everything on God for whatever demise they felt going through.

God created us out of love, even while He knew what will happen. God honors free will and free choice to do what they wish.

But He also has made know what's morally right and what is morally wrong. We're not w/o a conscience that God built into each and every one of us and it's up to us to listen to that conscience.

God does not delight in our suffering, but to me, suffering builds character, it can make us a better person if we choose it to be. Rather than mope around and blame everything in the sight of God.

But God is for justice as well and everyone that do evil will have to answer for actions. God's justice system isn't really all that different from man's justice system. The process is almost just about the same as our courtrooms and jails.

Personally, it's my outside of the bible opinion that man would have eventually figured out what's sin and what isn't. It would not have mattered if man ate the forbidden fruit or not. I think the tree served as a shortcut of getting to the knowledge faster than figuring it all out eventually over time. I could be wrong, but it's my only reasoning that I can come up with for the time being.

Yiz

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Yizuman

God honors free will and free choice to do what they wish.

Were did you get this idea? Do you think God would honor a will that is contrary to His?

• dutchstef
    dutchstef

Deputy Dog,

I must agree with you..

It's like having a gun put on your Head and be given the choice You can either give your money or I kill you...

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

If Jesus believed in Adam and Eve, and he would know (with his pre-human existence dating back to before any Adam and Eve was there, and with all the powers of memory that Jehovah gave him at his baptism), then why should we feel that the account of Adam and Eve was a myth? Is it not so that we can weasel out of accountability? If so, this is mere delusion on our part. Delusion is a form of mental illness, I suggest.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Spike, please tell us more about JW dogma. As if no one here hasn't heard this before. It is precisely because of these beliefs you are talking about that we left. How do you think repeating them helps... LOL! ............ AllTimeJeff

(tribute to Outlaw, who I wish were here to talk to Spike....)

Seriously Spike, keep on talking... Any JW whose reading your words I hope will be reminded of how silly the indoctrination they have been put through really is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit