If god was Almighty than he would of known that Adam and Eve and....Satan... and demons....would sin before he even created anything.

by dutchstef 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dutchstef
    dutchstef

God did not know Adam and others would sin... he must have been as surprised as anyone else when they did... when they did Sin

Lezleesm

So you think God is not Almighty?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

I just looked this up in my concordance, after reading your Post 48. Jesus clearly refers to Moses' Genesis (chapter 1 & 2) account of Adam and Eve at Mark 10:6-9. Because these Mosaic references are regarding the time before the fall into sin, the names Adam and Eve are not actually mentioned by Jesus in the NT, which I didn't remember. I see now that Adam's name first appears in the regular NWT at Genesis 3:17, and Eve's name first appears at Genesis 3:20. Also, in English we write "Bible text", not "bibletekst", though I understand what you're saying. I have a Dutch NWT as well, because I've corresponded with a Dutch person before. But I don't make any Dutch here on JWN because the rules say to put each post in English.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Of course we have free will; you just have to make the correct choice.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

It's like having a gun put on your Head and be given the choice You can either give your money or I kill you...

You have no idea how many times I hear that, even from JWs, using the same reasoning for hell.

That's just a plain cop out, to me that sounds exactly like one that chooses to do evil and complain about being punished for going against everything that is good, all the while think they're not doing anything wrong.

Yes, it is true that if you die without having Jesus as your Lord and Savior, there will be consequences. We all face consequences for the choice we make, both good and bad. We reap the rewards based on what we have sown.

God does not look upon sin nor will he allow it in heaven. I can't expect you to understand all that.

But here's one thing I know for certain, God is not the god of fear nor is He a God of confusion. I do not fear Him, but rather, I love Him. He has shown His love me countless of times and I stand by that personal experience. God is not interested in groups, He is more interested in individuality. He wants a personal one on one relationship and be in every step in our lives. He wants to bless us and love us unconditionally.

In any rate, God will not interfere with the choice you make, you write your own destiney. If you have no desire, by choice, not to be with God, then you won't be. If you choose to be with God, then you will be be God wants to be with you also.

God is NOT gonna come down and bend your arm to make you choose Him. He will not do that, because if He does, it would be hypocritical of Him to be the only One to have free will and no one else.

He'll hurt if you reject him and all He has done for us, the sacrifice on the day of Calvary, 2000 years ago. He will never forget you, even when you are gone, hurt by the rejection, but always love you no matter what. To me, that's what being a parent should be about.

Alot of us here has kids (I got step kids, even though they act like assholes sometimes, but I still love them unconditionally. But I will make a stand and let them know there will be consequences if they violate both our rules (me and wife/mom). They may not like it, but if they wanna do their own thing, they're welcome to move out.) and I would think it would be hypocritical for a parent to impose rules and tell them your version of right and wrong and deal with them in any way you see fit, but complains when God does the same thing for us.

Yiz

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Welcome, lezleesm. I believe that "Almighty" refers to Jehovah having started with all the might (=power) before he created Jesus and the rest of creation. That means that all of our power (free will, etc.) is only possible because Jehovah allowed us to have it. That makes us, including the Devil accountable to God for our use of life and choice. (Matthew 4:4,7,10)

• cameo-d
  • lezleesm
    lezleesm

Hi dutchstef,

God is almighty but i am questioning the way we define almighty...

God can do anything but does that essentially have to involve knowing everything beforehand? Even human kings were called mighty....

There are occassions in Old Testament when Israelites do some mistake and God is genuinely surprised and angry... all that would be a farce if God knew everything beforehand!

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

it amounts to the same thing, only Free Will is the loving way to take it, Ultimatum seems more like anger to me. But, yes must stay yes, because God is serious about everything he says. Jehovah is not one to joke around.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

you reason well, lezleesm

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Sure, tell that to the victims of Auschwitz, Dachau, and Rwanda. I'm sure they would have been comforted to know their sufferings were a result of Adam and Eve eating some fruit.

So you rather that God just butt in and stop every evil thing that happens on this planet? That's imposing against free will and this example you just presented is just another cop out.

What about us? Why are WE allowing evil to thrive on earth? If everyone of us made a stand against evil, then crime would almost disappear altogether. Many just don't give a damn and I think that's sad.

Yiz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit