Is There Anything Good About The Jehovah's Witness Religion?

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Their children are trained in right principles.
    The importance of the family is stressed.

I can't even make that stuff up.

They're masters at creating CONDITIONAL families.

Most of us can tell you how much fun that is.

• mraimondi
    mraimondi

sure there are...

but people are so caught up in their hatred here they only focus on the bad things...

of course, the good things arent worth being brainwashed for, but you can learn from them.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I'm just afraid that I'll have my Apostacard revoked, if I say something nice.

• carla
    carla

For those that claim the jw's stops people from swearing, drugs, drink, fornication, etc... that is ridiculous. If you have a problem with swearing then increase your vocabulary, drugs & alcohol? try a 12 step program, fornication? try keeping your pants on. There is nothing unique about jw's and their so called 'higher standard' that none of them seem to live up to but pretend they are 'cleaner' than the rest of the world. They fail, fail, fail, if it was not so there would be no need for the pervert elders to have the many jc's they do. They simply hide away their 'sins' or kick out those they deem 'sinful' rather than dealing with it openly 'at the gates' as was done in Biblical times.

I have never seen such a wake of human wreckage from one group/org in my life other than those who have been in consentration camps or otherwise oppressed & killed by tyrants. My only conclusion can be that, no, there is absolutely nothing good about anyone becoming a jw. And that doesn't even touch on the damage they do to the Word of God.

• The Berean
    The Berean

To me it's all relative. If you can't fly, a car does just fine. If you don't have a car, a bike looks good. If you don't have a bike, walking is as good as it gets. If you can't walk, someone pushing you in a wheelchair is a Godsend. So it is with faith. For those with nothing in the way of material possessions or a social life any persuation elevates them. JWs attract many who belong to nothing else.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Carla,

Excellent analysis. Thanks.

-LWT

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

It's a big, fat NO from me! Villabolo, you make an excellent point

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Although I am extremely and deeply resentful at all the WTS robbed me of and stole from the six children that I raised in this publishing company masquerading as a religion.....I do have to admit that I was was always quite shy in front of strangers. I was terrified to give the current events all through my school days.

Being in that "Theocratic Ministry School" did help me learn how to speak in public and to do the "pitch-pause-pace & volume" thingy when I had to make presentations in front of the School Board concerning the rights of Special Ed kids that they were not properly addressing. Getting the audience to recognize a "common ground" and to make eye contact with various ones in your audience, was invaluable as well.

So I guess I can say that despite all that I personally put into the WTS while trying to gain recruits for THEM....I did manage to squeak out something for myself.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Villabolo, !

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

Isn't there good in all religion??? lol wasn't that the name of one of the tracts sorry please carry on

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit