Is There Anything Good About The Jehovah's Witness Religion?

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• ATALAYA
    ATALAYA

Hello perharps I should introduce my self.
    I post in few sites by the name ATALAYA.
    I am a male just incase of my name causes confusion.
    If you wonder,yes I am a JW'S. I know this site and the themes
    that have been dicussed here. So hope with respect we can share points of view.

And please patient with my english acquisition.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome, ATALAYA!

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

Yes bienvenido a JWN Atalaya

Y mucho gusto

• I quit!
    I quit!

I saw this this morning and I'm still trying to come up with something......Boy this is a tough one!

• mraimondi
    mraimondi

leavingwt, that is what you would call an analysis?

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I was taught to be honest.

I was taught to be careful of who I hung around. 1 Cor. 15:33

I was taught how to speak in front of others, but that one didn't really work, I am still way too shy.

I was taught to respect my Elders (older people)

• villabolo
    villabolo

ATALAYA means WATCHTOWER in spanish.

• Heaven
    Heaven

You don't need a man-made religious organization in order for you to read the Bible.

Being 'Good' is a choice every person must make in their lives, regardless of whether they are a JW or not. And since absolutely NONE of us is perfect, we all make errors in this pursuit of 'goodness', including JWs.

For me, being a woman, I cannot see much good in this religion as they actively subjugate women. This is not principled. The good I embrace comes from the teachings of Jesus Christ as well as others (Gandhi, Stephen Covey, Monty Roberts, to name a few). When you wish to manifest a positive, principled life, the information comes to you in various forms, not just the Bible.

For my father, the JW Religion gave him structure and purpose in his retirement. They planned his life for him which is what he wanted. It gave him an excuse to escape from troubled relationships he didn't wish to deal with. It also gave him loneliness and a torn up family. I personally cannot and do not wish to pay such a high price for something that is so obviously flawed. I seek a higher power.

I see no reason to have anything to do with any man-made religious organization. They all use God and his Word for their own purposes. All that is needed is the good from the various sources available in the world today. What You Focus On Expands.

• shamus100
    shamus100

LOL Mastadon. I love that picture.

Back to the original question... OH HELL NO!!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    leavingwt, that is what you would call an analysis?

Perhaps "analysis" was a poor description. I love her second paragraph.

I'll quote it below.

I have never seen such a wake of human wreckage from one group/org in my life other than those who have been in consentration camps or otherwise oppressed & killed by tyrants. My only conclusion can be that, no, there is absolutely nothing good about anyone becoming a jw. And that doesn't even touch on the damage they do to the Word of God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit