Is There Anything Good About The Jehovah's Witness Religion?

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

From my own experience , no there was nothing good. My marriage, family life, education, every thing about my life was impacted in a negative way while a witness. And NO it was not the demons attacking me.It was the slaving & sacrafice for the WT & the congregation"s unloving attentions.

I also never heard or met a single person who witnessed to their life being better. Brother & sisters would often tell their story of how & when they became a witness. Jump to telling all they did or privalages they had. Just that by being a witness they were better people, never a personal example from their lives.

I remember an elders public talk all about what an a$$ h*le he had been to his wife & kids. How he had fought her to not be a witness, then was converted. Still a total jerk to his wife and rotten father.

This is not what I have found in Christian testimony,christians are able to give a witness to their faith and examples of the fruits in their lives.

BF

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

If one can make it to the rank of Governing Body, he can get free airline tickets.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Outlaw:

"I like that they do not pass a collection plate.."............Donny

Your right they don`t pass around a collecton plate..It`s too frigg`n small..LOL!!

There are Huge Contribution Box`s at the back of every Kingdom Hall..

You have to walk past them any time you want to go in or out of the Kingdom Hall,or just go to the Bathroom..

If contrbutions have not been sufficient..Money is requested from the stage,at the Kingdom Hall.."Fill them Dam huge box`s up!!"..LOL!!

---------

I wonder if there is some legal implication here? Could it be that passing a plate is considered an active "solicitation" for money whereas a box placed without request is considered a passive "donation" and thus would not be required to be reported in some manner?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Cameo-d..As long as your a religion..You can use any size container you like,to collect tax free money........

The WBT$ prefers a huge box,usually 2..At the back of every Kingdom Hall..

You can get way more money in one of those Bad Boys..As opposed to a little plate you can`t get much money on..

.................................OUTLAW

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I learned to lie with a straight face...

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I learned to lie with a straight face...

Yes, I forgot about that one.

"We're not here to change your religion."

"We're not selling anything."

"We're the happiest people on Earth."

"The Kingdom Hall offers a spiritual Paradise."

Etc, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit