Did Everyone Really Love Michael Jackson? (I'm Confused)

by minimus 66 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

I think time will tell how big MJ's talent was, how much of his music is still around in 20 years from now.

Personally I did not go much on his stuff, I recognize he had talent, but somehow his music did not move me.

I still wish that he hadn't been so screwed up by his lack of a childhood etc. with his obvious talents he could have gone on to great things if he had ever reached maturity.

Love

Wobble

• minimus
    minimus

What amused me was how MJ tried to act tough, like a real man from the hood. He was "Bad". Yeah, right.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

I liked the Old MJ, before he got all farked up.

Yiz

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I loved his talent. I grew up listening to MJ. Their first hit was when I was 3 or 4. I used to watch their cartoons on Saturday morning and their variety show (on whatever night it came on). During one of my fondest memories of going to LA as a child "Let Me Show You the Way to Go" was playing on the car radio. It was such a LA song. Every time I hear it I think of that time.

I went to 2 Jackson concerts, the last was the best, it was just after Michael came out with his first solo album. My father took my sister and I and two of our friends. We had a blast and danced all night (Dad sat the whole time).

When Triller came out, my sister and I saw the video on a big screen at a mall. We were so exicted. I bought the album and my father told me to throw it out. I defied him and told him no. Kept the album, might still have it.

The last song I like by MJ was "Remember The Time", that song reminds me of the time when I met my hubby and when we used to go out dancing. Hubby was a wonderful dancer, I hope one day he will be healthy enough to dance again.

There were times that I wished I could have had the opportunity to walk up and MJ and slap him and tell him to grow up and snap out of that shit. I wonder if anyone ever told him no when he became an adult. I remember an interview where Lisa Marie Presley said that MJ little voice wasn't so little in private, that is was a front to keep the Peter Pan persona going. All the plastic surgery, he didn't need. He was a gorgeous young black man before he started in on that crap. Too bad he didn't know it.

Josie

• minimus
    minimus

I feel bad for Farrah Fawcett's friends and family. It's been all about Michael.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Well maybe that's a good thing. Too bad she wasn't given the peace she needed to deal with her condition before she died.

• minimus
    minimus

true

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

"You know, they're gonna jack off, watch movies, drink wine, you know. And, you know, he doesn't even really qualify as a pedophile. He's really just this regressed 10-year-old."

Ok and this was the statement to SUPPORT him in court by the psychologist!!!! The man was a pedo, if he had been just some creepy sick guy living under a bridge near the elementary school just because he wanted to be with the kids? But at one point he could sing so I guess it's ok? You people defending him need to think, what if the SAME evidence had been brought against an elder at the hall?

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

He did have a lot of problems, Depak chopra blamed not only prescriptions but being a jw messing him up.....

I did love his music the thriller album really was great!

hope4others

• Robdar
    Robdar

I appreciated Michael's talent--and nobody denies he was talented. I also appreciated how he let his freak flag fly and didn't care who saluted it. I've got a freaky side myself but do not have the guts to let it fly in front of just anybody. I wish I did though.

As far as the charges of pedophile, he was found not guilty by a jury. I don't know if he was guilty or not. I do believe that like all of us, he had beautiful traits and some ugly ones.

The guy is dead and he left behind some incredible music. I say let him rest in peace.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit