Did Everyone Really Love Michael Jackson? (I'm Confused)

by minimus 66 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Everyone talked about him as being a weirdo. A pedo. A freak. Now he's dead and all of a sudden he was the most wonderful human being to ever grace this earth.

What gives?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

He died. We don't speak ill of the dead. At least not publicly. And not this soon.

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

I have been thinking the same thing. It boggles my mind. "Imperfect" people feel like this...I'm hoping God is love, and in this overall direction.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Well I loved his music. Loved to watch him dance. You couldnt help but get up and move when his tunes were played. But as for his obsession with little kids and his VERY questionable "sharing of his bed" policy which he said out loud was the "most loving thing you could do"...I totally blame on his upbringing, his JWism, his abusive father and basically not HAVING a childhood. He grew up hating himself. Nobody would go through 50 or more plastic surgery procedures to change their looks so drastically if they had even a modicum of love for themselves.

I had pity for him. Anger at times...but the EXJW in me totally felt sorry for him. Now he finally is at peace. And I have to think he knew this was coming. Ever since his trial during which he was VERY frail and was hospitalized, his health has deteriorated.

No way in hell he could have pulled off that concert tour he was planning. Had he lived a couple months longer, the first two performances would have killed him.

RIP Michael. Now come back and haunt the shit out of the Governing Body wouldja please?

• minimus
    minimus

I liked MJ's music and I think he got screwed up because of his JW upbringing and his daddy. But I think there's a ton of two faced people, especially in the media. One day he's villified, the next day he's a saint.

• Diva
    Diva

Seriously? I'm on another forum where most posters are saying horrible, nasty things about him, so obviously not EVERYONE loved Michael.

I do by the way and I'm really sad that he's gone. RIP Michael.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Minimus, good question. I have been asking that about myself and my feelings about his death. I think it was more about the music. Having grown up with it, I was infatuated as a little girl, liked his music in the 80's, totally bored with it after that.

But it represents a time period. Music, scents, sights, bring back strong memories for most people. Memories tend to be romanticized as time goes on.

As for younger admirers of his music...I don't know, but I think everyone has a favorite MJ song whether they liked him or not.

Seems he was a lost, delicate soul. I have only sympathy for him.

I think most people have a favorite song....here's mine, and I never get tired of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pjzer9dUWmg&feature=related

r.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I thought it was very, very questionable to have Mr. Keith "Michael Jackson Popcicle Stick Theatre" Olbermann host MSNBC's coverage yesterday.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Restrangled,

Do you remember the poster of him in the yellow sweater? I love Human Nature...here's one of my favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfZz-q8CRLE

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

When this song first came out, you could not tell me or any other young girl this song was not written for us:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4auq5tlUX4

SO YES....WE LOVE MICHAEL. I even had a jacket full of buttons to prove it...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit